"Glow With The Show" becoming "Made With Magic"

From the Disney Parks blog...

MWM585941-613x667.jpg

I have exciting news to share about the next evolution of Glow With the Show. Introduced in 2012 at Disneyland Resort, this ear hat technology allowed guests to become a part of a show by lighting up in time with or in the same color scheme as a nighttime show or fireworks display. Last year, it was added to nighttime spectaculars at Walt Disney World Resort such as Fantasmic! at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Wishes nighttime spectacular at Magic Kingdom Park. This fall, we are adding some new merchandise items that contain this interactive technology under a new name called “Made With Magic.”

Made With Magic items will excite, delight, light up and interact with select Disney experiences at Disney Parks. We will continue to offer the original ear hat first introduced a few years ago. New items will include a new Minnie Mouse-inspired headband, a Mickey Mouse glove and, my favorite, a magical wand that reminds me of Sorcerer Mickey.

MWM585943-613x525.jpg

The Sorcerer Mickey wand will have multiple light-up functions and will give guests the ability to change the light patterns of other Made With Magic items. Guests can also place the Made With Magic items in a color-changing demo mode, when they aren’t present at “Made With Magic”-enabled entertainment.

As with the previously released ear hat, all Made With Magic items will interact with experiences at Disney Parks around the world regardless of where the items were originally purchased.

Each item will have a retail of $25.00.

Guests should look for the Minnie Mouse headband to arrive in late October and early November in select merchandise locations at Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort. The Mickey Mouse glove and the Sorcerer Mickey wand will be introduced in late November to early December at those same locations.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/10/glow-with-the-show-evolves-into-made-with-magic-this-fall-at-disney-parks/

Now if they can actually put these items where people buy them for the show....

^THIS^

The whole "Glow with the Show" thing has been pretty lame at MK.

We were there last fall when it first started, and then again in January and May and it really doesn't seem to have taken off at all.

They need to do a much better job of letting people know what it is and putting the merchandise right out there.

^THIS^

The whole "Glow with the Show" thing has been pretty lame at MK.

We were there last fall when it first started, and then again in January and May and it really doesn't seem to have taken off at all.

They need to do a much better job of letting people know what it is and putting the merchandise right out there.

I've seen stands set up in the MK on Main Street before the fireworks and at Fantasmic, right in the theater.

The thing with the ears is that they are heavy, and the part that sits on your head is a solid piece of hard plastic.  Like a bowl.  I offered to buy them for my daughters, and none of them wanted to wear them.  Too uncomfortable, and they would make your head sweat like crazy in Florida.

They definitely never took off in Florida.

This other stuff might.  Especially the Minnie headband.

TCD

The thing with the ears is that they are heavy, and the part that sits on your head is a solid piece of hard plastic.  Like a bowl.  I offered to buy them for my daughters, and none of them wanted to wear them.  Too uncomfortable, and they would make your head sweat like crazy in Florida.

Very true.  I bought them the first night and I think I've worn them twice.  First time I had to take them off immediately after because they were so hot. They're in the camper now, but I probably won't wear them again.

I've seen the carts here and there, but I'm not sure people have any idea what "Glow With the Show" on the signs really  means.  And because Disney doesn't do the hard sell with this kind of stuff, it's not like the CMs manning the carts are hawking them to the crowds.

I've seen the carts here and there, but I'm not sure people have any idea what "Glow With the Show" on the signs really  means.  And because Disney doesn't do the hard sell with this kind of stuff, it's not like the CMs manning the carts are hawking them to the crowds.

I agree with this.  Disney World has done a terrible job marketing the ears. Never once have I seen more than a few scattered Glow Ears at a fireworks show or Fantasmic.  When only a couple people in a huge crowd wear them, they have no impact, and don't look very cool at all.

TCD

We all know how generous Disney is about giving out stuff that costs $25 for free. Happens all the time.

C'mon Lou, sure they gave them out for free.... then collected them after the show was over, just like the wonderful Captain EO glasses.

Anything for a great photo op.

And those are probably the ones they are selling in the CM store.... slightly used.

C'mon Lou, sure they gave them out for free.... then collected them after the show was over

I can't believe your skepticism. Glad I'm not like that.

Actually they were probably all CMs that were off for the night.

And those are probably the ones they are selling in the CM store.... slightly used.

For $5, that's ok.

I got one for a relative of a Fiend, probably should have gotten more.

I can't believe your skepticism. Glad I'm not like that.

Actually they were probably all CMs that were off for the night.

I recall hearing at the time that they were all CM's.

They probably got to keep the ears plus got a comp ticket for their trouble.

They also made a video at the Osborne Lights last year. According to a Fiend on the Scene, they were giving out free ears to passholders for that event: http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/11664-video-of-glow-with-the-show-at-osborne-lights/?hl=%22glow+with+the+show%22

TCD

I recall hearing at the time that they were all CM's.

They probably got to keep the ears plus got a comp ticket for their trouble.

TCD

Sounds about right to me.

Usually what they do at WDW is to allow admission for the CM and their guests for that event and not have it count against their Main Gate pass.

Not as good as a comp ticket, but ok.

Much like what they do for the F&W.