Maybe there is hope for "Free internet" in the future?

We rooted our droids (we have original droids) so we can tether them.  As soon as my air card contract expires with sprint....bye bye sprint for my laptop

I was thinking of having my EVO rooted, but how does that effect things when they do software upgrades. Does it have to be re-rooted?

they won't be doing software upgrades when you root it :banana:

We rooted our droids (we have original droids) so we can tether them.  As soon as my air card contract expires with sprint....bye bye sprint for my laptop

I was thinking of having my EVO rooted, but how does that effect things when they do software upgrades. Does it have to be re-rooted?

I rooted my EVO works great. Just cant except updates or it will mess it up.

I'm a loser, this is my cell phone. My wife got it for me years ago and said, you're taking this. It makes her feel better. I don't even carry it on me most of the time, stays in the car.

I can make and receive phone calls, which is rare, and that's it. Oh, I can receive texts but sending one takes forever. So if I send a text, it's important.

So all this stuff you guys are talking about is a foreign language to me.

cellphone.jpg

I used to be like that too, then I got my Blackberry. Then I found out why everyone called it a "crack"berry. I still didn't like to text and didn't go online much, but I loved being able to get my email and FB on my phone and being able to upload pictures to the internet. Now that I have my Droid, I can't imagine what I did before I had it! I love Swype, it was originally assistive technology to help persons with a disability use a computer. Now it allows an old lady with bad eyes and fat fingers to text!

I'd have to dig out a bill to check for sure (we have Verizon).  I don't remember there being an extra fee - DH seems to recall it being $5/mo.

Not five, try twenty

Yikes, that's not cheap!  I guess it is cheaper than the Virgin Mobile internet that I've been using.  Now I just need to figure out how to use it.

BTW-Jen, I think I accidentally hit the "report to moderator" button on your post!  Sorry, I didn't mean to report you to you!  :dance:

I'm a loser, this is my cell phone. My wife got it for me years ago and said, you're taking this. It makes her feel better. I don't even carry it on me most of the time, stays in the car.

I can make and receive phone calls, which is rare, and that's it. Oh, I can receive texts but sending one takes forever. So if I send a text, it's important.

cellphone.jpg

My husband had that exact same phone up until recently.  I told him to pick out any phone that he wanted and he picked the Incredible.  I told him that it might be too much phone for him.  Mr. Technology is ISN'T!  The reason he wanted it was because he heard that he could get a really cool football app on it.  So we are paying $30 extra per month so that he can use this app during football season!  Seriously???  He doesn't know how to text, or use the camera, or get on the internet, and he doesn't have an email account...but he has a really cool football app! :dance:

I'd have to dig out a bill to check for sure (we have Verizon).  I don't remember there being an extra fee - DH seems to recall it being $5/mo.

Not five, try twenty

Yikes, that's not cheap!  I guess it is cheaper than the Virgin Mobile internet that I've been using.  Now I just need to figure out how to use it.

BTW-Jen, I think I accidentally hit the "report to moderator" button on your post!  Sorry, I didn't mean to report you to you!  :heart:

I didn't get a report. Maybe you just thought you did. :dance:

Not five, try twenty

BTW-Jen, I think I accidentally hit the "report to moderator" button on your post!  Sorry, I didn't mean to report you to you!  :heart:

I didn't get a report. Maybe you just thought you did. :dance:

Oh good!  I'd hate for you to have to ban yourself from your own board because someone reported you!  :heart:

I just got a new phone the other day that can be a wireless hotspot!!  It is so cool.  No extra charges, and now both Rick and I can bring the netbooks camping, turn on the phone wifi and we can be surfing!!!

I LOVE T-MOBILE!! If AT&T messes us up, I will SCREAM!!!!

I have to tell you- after the wedding of AT&T and T-Mobile, there will be no reception. :))

I just got a new phone the other day that can be a wireless hotspot!!  It is so cool.  No extra charges, and now both Rick and I can bring the netbooks camping, turn on the phone wifi and we can be surfing!!!

I LOVE T-MOBILE!! If AT&T messes us up, I will SCREAM!!!!

I have to tell you- after the wedding of AT&T and T-Mobile, there will be no reception. :))

LOL

cellphone.jpg

I think your phone and my phone may be related. 

If not, they'd make a great couple!  :))

Not five, try twenty

BTW-Jen, I think I accidentally hit the "report to moderator" button on your post!  Sorry, I didn't mean to report you to you!  ;D

I didn't get a report. Maybe you just thought you did. :))

Oh good!  I'd hate for you to have to ban yourself from your own board because someone reported you!  :dance:

Knowing myself as I do, I am surprised I have done that to myself by accident already ::)

Dammit, now you're going to make me go dig out a bill....

what did your bill say?:worship:

$20

Still cheaper than the $49 I was paying for the separate air card modem - and that had a limit on monthly bandwidth.

Luckily I can claim it's for my business, so it's a write off. 

And Lou...

Brian had that exact same phone until last fall when I went over to the Droid and he took my old Blackberry.

As others have noted... he's now addicted.  The man texts like a fiend (or is that Fiend??) and checks his email more than I do!

Now he's eyeing my Droid X.  He's due for an upgrade next month and says that I should get a newer Droid and give him mine.

Hands off buddy - get your own toy!! 

• 2 weeks later...

I rooted my EVO works great. Just cant except updates or it will mess it up.

One thing about Sprint and I do this all the time with my EVO.  I activate the Mobile Hotspot when I need to use it.  Then when I am done, I de-activate.  The only drawback is that you have to call Sprint to activate and de-activate it.  Once it is activated you can turn the option on and off on your phone.  This means you only get charged about $1/day.  I will be doing this when I leave for the Fort on Friday or on Saturday when I get to the fort.

Otherwise it is $29.99 a month.  It will cost me about $9 or $10 the whole time I am at the fort.

jon