So we have a love seat size jack knife couch that is worthless.  Its in a small space as our TT is under 20ft with no slides.  Its back is fluffy and the seat is flat so it creates an awkward sleeping surface.  Any suggestions for creating a better surface to sleep on without tearing it out?

Would like to hear/see suggestions for this.  Some of the trailers we looked at previously had this design.  It just looked so uncomfortable that I nixed them immediately.

I guess memory foam/egg crate/seat cushion foam could be placed on top of the flat seat before adding sheets each night.  Finding the right height to even up might be hard though.

Some jackknives are pretty comfy, but lots aren't.  You apparently got one that isn't.  I'd do what Annie suggest and put down some memory foam over it....maybe a double layer or thicker piece to try to even it up?  But then you still have the issue of it being a love seat, so not long enough for an adult.  Not much you can do about that.  

If you are wanting memory foam, you can buy a large piece for a Queen or King bed, depending on the dimensions you need, and cut it down to size.  An old electric turkey carving knife will slice through foam beautifully.  Sam's Club has pretty good prices on memory foam.  I recently added it to all 4 of our bunks, by buying 2 Queens and cutting them down.  

Good ideas! Not too worried about adults sleeping on it, just want it to work for the l ittles so they stay out of my bed. I replaced our queen mattress in the TT with a memory foam actually just threw it on top of the "awesome" one that came with it.