PureTCrazy & I - along with "the Momma" - have decided we want to start camping again!  :rofl2:

Now comes the hard part.  We like the floorplan of the Roo 21SSL (or the equivalent from a different company):

21SSL.gif

However, these are all so new, that there don't appear to be any used ones on the market - which means the price is higher.  (Not that used hybrids look to be much cheaper than the new ones ... ).  If we are willing to select a floorplan without the added toy hauler section up front, we can go for a hybrid with a similar floorplan in the 19 - 21 foot range.  That would mean putting a GC in the bed of a pick-up or taking it on a utility trailer towed by another vehicle.  Given my health issues, loading a GC into a pick-up doesn't look like a viable solution - and it's also a PITA (pain in the ass).  Taking another tow vehicle - given the current gas prices - would make getting the new hybrid a better deal, IMO, than a used one without a toy hauler - unless we got a fantastic deal on the used hybrid.

Anyone have thoughts or suggestions about this.  Maybe you know where there IS a fantastic deal, etc.

To put the icing on the cake, we haven't seen the Roo 21SSL - or anything like it - anywhere.  If anyone has actually seen one of these, we'd appreciate your input.

Thanks,

Ed

Runner, I took some pictures of the inside of our 23B Roo just for you. Our layout is a bit different than the one you posted. I will get them up in my TR. We bring the golf cart in the back of the bed of the truck, which I also have pics of. We use aluminum ramps, and drive it right up in so it's not really a PITA at all.

Runner, I agree w/ stefa70 about the golf cart.  I used to sell RVs and toy haulers tend to be heavier.  The cart in the bed of the truck adds to the GVW but won't affect towability.  This option will give you a lot more to look at.  Good luck & thanks for your service.

& thanks for your service.

Somebody actually commented!  ;)  Thanks, it was my pleasure (as well as duty).

Funny how we never heard that during or after Vietnam.  Once it hit the fan crap-hitting-the-fan.gif in Iraq, Afganistan and then Iraq again, I hear it all the time.

& thanks for your service.

Somebody actually commented!  :rofl2:  Thanks, it was my pleasure (as well as duty).

Funny how we never heard that during or after Vietnam.  Once it hit the fan crap-hitting-the-fan.gif in Iraq, Afganistan and then Iraq again, I hear it all the time.

Fortunately most folks learn from their mistakes, I hope this country NEVER repeats how horribly we treated the Vets from Vietnam!!

This is how we load the cart:

wdwjan2011105.jpg

wdwjan2011106.jpg

hehehe... DH did that with wood boards last fall after an auction. I said we should wait for something more stable, but they'd already stolen one of the chargers while we were getting the truck so he didn't feel like waiting for me to go back home again. Halfway up, the board one side cracked in half under the front wheels - right about where yours folds - then the strain made the other board give out.

It looked kind of like a seesaw as the cart planted itself right back on the ground underneath. It's  ;) but remembering the look on DH's face as he sat there in the cart back where he started still makes me smile. Lesson learned the hard way, we need real ramps if we're going to buy carts at the sales. Yours look very nice...

This is how we load the cart:

wdwjan2011105.jpg

wdwjan2011106.jpg

hehehe... DH did that with wood boards last fall after an auction. I said we should wait for something more stable, but they'd already stolen one of the chargers while we were getting the truck so he didn't feel like waiting for me to go back home again. Halfway up, the board one side cracked in half under the front wheels - right about where yours folds - then the strain made the other board give out.

It looked kind of like a seesaw as the cart planted itself right back on the ground underneath. It's  :banana: but remembering the look on DH's face as he sat there in the cart back where he started still makes me smile. Lesson learned the hard way, we need real ramps if we're going to buy carts at the sales. Yours look very nice...

OH MY! >:D Whenever my boys used wooden ramps it used to freak me out, just for that reason! When we bought the cart, we knew the aluminum ramps was the only way to go! It still freaks me out a bit, and you won't see ME driving it up there! ;) I'm just glad your hubby didn't get hurt!