When we camp at the Fort we typically use bottled water for drinking and cooking, because of that "Florida water" taste and smell.  I assume it's sulfur but whatever it is, it's not something we enjoy.  However, I would like to use tap water due to the expense and storage needs of 2 weeks of water, and am guessing that a good filter will make the tap water more palatable.  

Our new motorhome has an inline 3M water filter for the cold tap in the kitchen and the icemaker.  The filters look like this.

3m-8746.jpg

Do any of you have experience with this kind of system?  Will it take the bad taste and smell away from the tap water?  Does anyone use a filtered pitcher like PUR, and does that help?  I have some picky water drinkers.  We drink the tap water at home but I have a filtration system similar to the one in the RV under the kitchen sink.  Plus my girls love their Tennessee water...LOL.  

We have a "whole house" carbon filter and I added an in line ice-maker filter and a Dupont under the sink filter and the water tastes fine. When we had the MH I had a "Brita" attached to the kitchen faucet as well as the "whole house" and that also gave us good tasting water.

What kind of whole house filter did you use?

Just the standard one sold at HD or LOWES. They have brass male/female hose fittings and nipples that you can use to adapt it for the RV. I used one of the 4' white extension hoses from the filter to the MH with the longer hose from the spigot to the filter. The new FW came with one already plumbed in, but I added the other two.

Just the standard one sold at HD or LOWES. They have brass male/female hose fittings and nipples that you can use to adapt it for the RV. I used one of the 4' white extension hoses from the filter to the MH with the longer hose from the spigot to the filter. The new FW came with one already plumbed in, but I added the other two.

Perfect....thanks!  

And you said nipple....LOL.