How's Branson to visit?

You know we all love the Fort because there is so much to do there.  You don't have to drive anywhere if you don't want to.  What is Branson like?  Would it get boring?

We don't do concerts/dinner shows.

Don't really leave the dogs or the mh for long times. 

It just seems like if we would go-we'd be at a site and that would be it.  

We like the smokies and gatlinburg area and find things to do there.  Would it be like that?  Just torn about spending more than just a day or so there.  I would think longer than that we would be ready to check another area.

Have you been there and what was it really like?

My parents made a quick trip to Branson a few years back and really enjoyed it.  As I understand it... it's similar to Pigeon Forge.  I think you'd enjoy a 2 or 3 night stay there.

Hopefully some Fiends (who have actually been there...haha) come along and offer advice.

Have fun! :)

You could spend a week in branson and still haven't done half of whats available. Even if you never see a show.

We live less than a five hour drive and go at least once a year.

What do you like to do? Boating, fishing, shopping?

Google Branson Landing, and Silver Dollar City (it's an amusement park)

Branson is very family orientated.

Here's a couple of campgrounds you can also google.

Wilderness campground at Silver Dollar city

http://www.silverdollarcity.com/wilderness/rates.aspx

And

Trails End Resort and RV park

http://www.indianpoint.com/lodging/trailsendresort/

Do you like the names of those two parks? Lol

I have stayed at the wilderness campgrounds twice in the same spot. We only have a little pop up tent camper so ours was a smaller site right across from the bathrooms and park. Nice, clean restrooms and my kids enjoyed playing at the park. The big kids went swimming once but most our time was spent at Silver Dollar City. It's a decent campground. Not a whole lot of extras but nice.

We like the location near SDC and the price. I think we may try one of the cabins in the future. I may have some pictures. I will look later for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As for the rest of Branson... We love it. My husband and I used to live 35 minutes south of there so going to Branson is almost like going home. To be honest we have never been to one show even though we go there at least once a year. We do two days at SIlver Dollar City and always go to the fish hatchery and then pick out something we haven't done before or something we haven't done in a while. We usually only go for 3 or 4 nights but we could easily stay longer. This last time besides SDC and the hatchery we did the Ride the Ducks tour, watched 4th of July fireworks at Branson landing and shopped at the outlet malls. The kids wanted to spend the rest of the time swimming at the campground pool. Traffic is a pain but there are tons of side roads to help with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A day or two will probably be enough for y'all. But you could spend a week there any never see a show.

Branson was built around its theatres. But I'm not a concert dinner show person but I love to go there. The Titanic Exhibit is really cool. The Ripleys believe it or not museum, the Veterans Memorial Museum,and the Hollywood Wax Museum are also cool. There's also the National Tiger Sanctuary. There's also several Caverns that you can visit. If you are a pet lover the Grand country Inn has a show called Amazing Pets. It's a fun show that my DW and DD make me go to all the time. The Grand Country Inn also has a pretty good buffet. I really enjoy the breakfast buffet. Also across the street from the Grand Country Inn is the Outback Steak and Oyster Bar. No it's not the chain your probably familiar with. I've been going there for over 25 years. You'll find similar items on this Outback's menu as you will the chain restaurant. They also have the Outback Pub next door that's a great place to stop in for a drink.

We've been to Branson twice.  A nice place to visit, but except for the big name shows, it doesn't seem that different from the Dollywood area, which is much closer to us.  Our biggest problem was the Ozark hills that made getting there quite an effort for our underpowered MH.  There is a beautiful reservoir there...Corps of Engineers project, I believe.

Branson is on my list of places to visit. Guess I will take Ray as my guide!!

I also really want to go to Wisconsin dells!

Just let me know when y'all are coming and we will meet you there. They have a great hotel called the Grand Country Inn. They have everything a kid could want. Including an indoor waterpark.

We've been to Branson twice. A nice place to visit, but except for the big name shows, it doesn't seem that different from the Dollywood area, which is much closer to us. Our biggest problem was the Ozark hills that made getting there quite an effort for our underpowered MH. There is a beautiful reservoir there...Corps of Engineers project, I believe.

The hill getting into Branson can give any RV a workout but it is a nice 4 lane highway all to Branson. Don't forget to stop in Springfield Missouri (it's on your way to Branson) and visit the original Bass Pro Shop. It huge.

The lake

Your thinking of is Table Rock Lake. It's a beautiful lake and it big. 43,000+ acres and iirc almost 80 miles long. They dammed the White river to make it. There's also Lake Tanneycomo. It starts at Table Rock's dam and is awesome for trout fishing.

I've never been to Dollywood but it is on my short list. I do know there are quite a few similarities. I.E. Dolly Parton's Dixieland Stampede, and an amusement park. There is one thing that Branson has that Pigeon Forge doesn't.

Me with in driving distance. :rofl2:

It sounds like to me if you like the Dollyeood area you'd probably like Branson.