I have never used a WDH and have only read about them (I'm a geek, what can I say?); but it's my understanding that these end up only being good for smaller trailers because they have a hard time pushing enough weight back to the tow vehicle's front axle. It can push some weight back up there, but not a lot.

OOOOORRRRRR... I'm confusing it with another. :)

I have never used a WDH and have only read about them (I'm a geek, what can I say?); but it's my understanding that these end up only being good for smaller trailers because they have a hard time pushing enough weight back to the tow vehicle's front axle. It can push some weight back up there, but not a lot.

I use that Andersen hitch. It was terrific on the trip from Florida to Arizona and Utah. Its strengths are sway control and bounce control. If you have large weight distribution needs, it may not be the best, but for us it is terrific.

Hmmm...so if you have a larger TT, this might not be a good fit?

I've read a ton of reviews on this hitch on several forums and it gets good reviews for the most part.  From what I can gather there may be a problem using this hitch on heavier trailers with tongue weights of over 400 lbs, or so, due to what may be a problem with weight distribution on heavier rigs. 

That seems to be the main question about the hitch, that along with some concern about wear and tear with use.  Other than the noise made by some other hitches, I can't see a great deal of gain by using this hitch.  It is lighter and supposedly reduces "bounce" of the TT going down the road, something with which I have never had a problem with.  This may be a perfectly good hitch, but I don't see myself changing from my EQ over to it.

I've read a ton of reviews on this hitch on several forums and it gets good reviews for the most part.  From what I can gather there may be a problem using this hitch on heavier trailers with tongue weights of over 400 lbs, or so, due to what may be a problem with weight distribution on heavier rigs. 

That seems to be the main question about the hitch, that along with some concern about wear and tear with use.  Other than the noise made by some other hitches, I can't see a great deal of gain by using this hitch.  It is lighter and supposedly reduces "bounce" of the TT going down the road, something with which I have never had a problem with.  This may be a perfectly good hitch, but I don't see myself changing from my EQ over to it.

The sway and bounce control of this hitch is superior to others. It does distribute weight. In my case, my trailer is light, and no problem for my Ram. It does distribute the weight but I don't need much. It is very easy to set up and hooking up is a breeze, and it is light. If your tow vehicle squats a lot under the tongue weight of your trailer, this wouldn't be for you; get an Equalizer or similar design. 

The durability is excellent. I have about 6000 miles on mine and it is still like new. There is a lifetime warranty though.

The sway and bounce control of this hitch is superior to others. It does distribute weight. In my case, my trailer is light, and no problem for my Ram. It does distribute the weight but I don't need much. It is very easy to set up and hooking up is a breeze, and it is light. If your tow vehicle squats a lot under the tongue weight of your trailer, this wouldn't be for you; get an Equalizer or similar design. 

The durability is excellent. I have about 6000 miles on mine and it is still like new. There is a lifetime warranty though.

From what I have read the owners of this hitch give it positive reviews to the tune of at least 90 percent..  The only really bad report that I have seen came from someone that did have a heavier TT and had trouble with the weight distribution feature on it.  For any new hitch to be as well received as this one seems to be, it would have to be good.

I've been using the same EQ hitch for 10 years now and have no complaints against it.  Once it is set up properly, I don't think I could ask for any better performance than it delivers.  As with anything new to the market only time will tell if this Andersen will stand the rigors of towing over the years.

From what I have read the owners of this hitch give it positive reviews to the tune of at least 90 percent..  The only really bad report that I have seen came from someone that did have a heavier TT and had trouble with the weight distribution feature on it.  For any new hitch to be as well received as this one seems to be, it would have to be good.

I've been using the same EQ hitch for 10 years now and have no complaints against it.  Once it is set up properly, I don't think I could ask for any better performance than it delivers.  As with anything new to the market only time will tell if this Andersen will stand the rigors of towing over the years.

Absolutely.  I certainly wouldn't change from any type of hitch I was happy with.  The reviews you mention show that there is an application for the Andersen hitch; light trailers.  My trailer is light, so it works well for me.  If I had a heavy trailer and needed a good bit of weight distribution; I wouldn't buy it.  There would be better choices.