Staying in site 1501: a sort-of trip report

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So....Kelly - you're a genius! After I saw your pictures of the food you had at Territory Lounge, I knew I had to go! This is our last night, so we headed over there. I'm so glad you reported about that place and posted the food pictures! It was awesome! 

After working on that a while, we jumped on a bus and headed to the Wilderness Lodge. Here's the grub.

Pulled pork nachos:

Crispy chicken wings

Pinot Grigio fondue:

Excellent meal and they take Tables in Wonderland! Great way to end this vacation!

Okay... you and Kelly have convinced us to try Territory Lounge next trip... the food looks great!! :)

Hope you all had an AWESOME trip and a very safe/smooth trip home :)

Thank you! This was a fantastic week of camping!

Did everyone read that?!?! I'm a genius!

Kenneth told the girl at Territory Lounge that we were there because I saw someone else's pictures of the food there. She asked if it was as good as the pictures made it out to be.

You can't really compare TE breakfast to the wave. Wave has sweet potato in their pancakes, whole grain in their waffles, cinnamon in their butter, key lime in their hollandaise, egg whites in their frittata, feta in their scramble, muesli in their....uh...muesli, brioche in their French toast, steel cut in their oats, chicken in their sausage. You get the picture. Two totally different dining experiences.

I don't think I realized all of that. I just know that those sweet potato pancakes are awesome and the grits are creamy, cheesy, and bacon-y!

I can't remember if I've been commenting on this site or over at Mouseowners but either way, great trip report!!  Looks like you had a wonderful trip and managed to stay comfy in January in a tent...good job!

Lol....I usually start the report here and then copy and paste over there! This weather was perfect for tent-camping (even though it got into the 40s some nights). It was easy for us to warm the tent.