Ok gang,

I'm in Disney for a teacher convention (hotel unfortunately) and my colleagues want to have a sightseeing tour before I take them to eat at Ohana tonight for an 8 pm res. I have a pretty good feel for the duration of all the trips But- We are basically staying as across from DTD, so I planned to have us walk over to DTD for 630, take a fort bus, then boat over to the MK and then monorail to the Poly. Will we make it by 8?

If the buses, boat and monorail are there waiting for you, then it's possible you can make it from Downtown Disney to the Polynesian by that route in an hour and a half.  But, its very unlikely.

That Downtown Disney bus is going to drop you at the Outpost, and you'll have to take an internal bus to the Settlement, and then walk to the MK boat.  That right there could take you 30 minutes or more.

If you arrive at the bus stop, marina or monorail station and have to wait for your ride, that could add 20 or so minutes to each leg of your journey.

TCD

I did that route to the Poly starting at the 100 loop at the Fort this trip. My time stamp when we get on my golf cart is 5:11 PM. My drink at the Poly bar is 6:20 PM. We only stopped for a bit to see the ginger bread at the Contemporary, so I don't think you'd make it.