Lightbikes Trip Report

The manager you talked too probably used the wrong wording, but what Mo just reposted confirms what you were told the pool is officially closed (which would include the hot tub)when there are no life guards present. As to the fence didn't they just finish fencing the pool at WL during the refurb? That note says the fence will be installed during normal refurb with no time line given.

Also all quiet pools, which have never been guarded would remain open 24/7

I also was going to post what Mo just posted, since it was discussed before, but she won.. :(

The manager you talked too probably used the wrong wording, but what Mo just reposted confirms what you were told the pool is officially closed (which would include the hot tub)when there are no life guards present. As to the fence didn't they just finish fencing the pool at WL during the refurb? That note says the fence will be installed during normal refurb with no time line given.

I also was going to post what Mo just posted, since it was discussed before, but she won.. :(

That is all well and good, but Lightbikes still has a valid beef.  Why can't the idiots in charge just post the pool hours?  And if she takes the time to speak to someone posing as a manager that person ought to be able to give truthful and accurate information.

This is what's in that gigantic waste of paper they hand out when you check in:

92913647_zpsdd009d79.jpg

Why can't they just publish the pool hours?  If the cabin pool is open 24 hours, then why not say so?  And how do you like how they mention that the Fort has additional quiet pools.  With an s.  Like plural.  And we have to look at the map to see where they are?  Surprise, there's only one.  And it is apparently called the Wilderness Pool.  So why not say so?

When the slide and hot tub were first added, the slide would understandably close when the lifeguards went off duty.  But the hot tub would remain open along with the pool.  When did that change?  Are people going to drown in the hot tub easier than they would in the pool?

And, going back to a few posts ago,  the cabin pool is not partially fenced.  It is completely fenced, with gates that can be locked if need be.

TCD

Why can't the idiots in charge just post the pool hours?

This is what's in that gigantic waste of paper they hand out when you check in:

When the slide and hot tub were first added, the slide would understandably close when the lifeguards went off duty. But the hot tub would remain open along with the pool. When did that change?

And, going back to a few posts ago, the cabin pool is not partially fenced. It is completely fenced, with gates that can be locked if need be.

TCD[/quote ]

The hours are POSTED..a88d5ea9cec4d7bd977b22e10a41eec5.jpg67252dc03f3ab4f26eae3685400b58c9.jpg

They are not published as they now change throughout the year. When Lightbikes was here it closed at 8/9 and as you can see in the pic it is now 10 which just changed. Also according to the life guard it will be changing again soon to 11 and they are now there for all open hours and when they leave the hot tub shuts down. That all changed in 2013 when the previously referenced post came out. Why, as was explained to me, because of the drowning at the POP, by turning off the hot tub it "helps" eliminate an attractive nuisance.

And I repeat "The cabin pool is partially fenced".

11379a76a35e077ebbb9e974aeca8602.jpg80decfcbdcc543d513c631e91677963f.jpg25034c6a10de9caed6461c4655a71445.jpg

OK, not bad Dave.

But what about those other quiet pools they mention in the colossal waste of paper?

Are they fenced?

Also, what is the logic for having one partially fenced pool open 24 hours and the other closing?

How is one pool any more dangerous than the other?

TCD

The freeloaders don't like the little cabin pool, so they can leave that one open 24 hours  :P

OK, not bad Dave.

But what about those other quiet pools they mention in the colossal waste of paper?

Are they fenced?

Also, what is the logic for having one partially fenced pool open 24 hours and the other closing?

TCD

Granted that is a typo (pools), but it is probably just a carryover from the other Resorts. I doubt that flyer was printed in house "at the Fort". I never said keeping the cabin pool open made sense, but do to it's location it is probably less of an attraction to the younger set. It also gives those who want to soak/swim a place to go after hours.

Since it never did have life guards, always "Swim at your own risk", the legal beagles may feel it is easier to defend if something would happen.

Granted that is a typo (pools), but it is probably just a carryover from the other Resorts. I doubt that flyer was printed in house "at the Fort". I never said keeping the cabin pool open made sense, but do to it's location it is probably less of an attraction to the younger set. It also gives those who want to soak/swim a place to go after hours.

Since it never did have life guards, always "Swim at your own risk", the legal beagles may feel it is easier to defend if something would happen.

I agree with you about that publication- they just modified something that is used at the other resorts.

Likewise, the policy regarding the closing of main pools while quiet pools remain open is probably something that was decided by the legal department on a property wide basis.

The Fort management should know that, and be prepared to tell guests that.  Where they goof up is by making up facts to try to placate guests.

Your photos show that the hours are posted.  Guests don't have to like it, but those are the rules. Period.  That's what the Idiot Manager should say.  Not make up nonsense about lifeguards and insurance. 

TCD

I just read the first post from the start. So this is at least 3 current report i.e. daveintn and a starbuc Dave's reports are all similar. I don't stay as much anymore as my daughter is almost grown and other things in life going on. It's sad to hear these reports as Disney has been a huge part of our life and gave my daughter and me much enjoyment over the years. It's not the same for sure but they have definitely quit putting customers first. The price of a site definitely nauseates me. I realized the need for increases but like you said lack of good service sure doesn't warrant me wanting to give them my money. We scaled down to a seasonal pass this year except my daughter's which we kept as an annual for parking. I refuse to go in the summer to hear Brazilians chanting and being obnoxious. What's really surprising is the crowds. The site called slow season is no more. I doubt anything will change due to the amount of visitors they have

I refuse to go in the summer to hear Brazilians chanting and being obnoxious.

We ran into Brazilian groups at MK and AK two Fridays ago.

Guess it's not just summertime now.

Maybe instead of making more parks in Asian countries, they should build one in S America.

That would lessen the crowds here.

Plus it was the Cheerleader Competitions week/weekend, so there were hundreds of bubbly, ear piercing squealing girls running around.

We were shocked how crowded the MK was for a Friday in February.

Of course we hadn't been to the parks in about 5 years, so when my daughters got there, they told us it wasn't crowded at all.

thanks for the great news travisma lol. I love Disney as like I've said before. It's ashamed it's getting like this. I have a friend's daughter who just started working at the ABC commissary at the studios. She just got through going through traditions. So all that talk about being nice to people and helpful, what is all that for?

Because judging by the directions being given out at the Outpost, no one is every going to find the 24 hour pool.  8)