If you haven't done it you might want to go over the the Forest River forums. They have a section for Palomino trailers and the site is searchable.

While I can't talk about your particular model I have experience with Palomino as they make our trailer. For the most part I would say they are typical of the industry and a lot has to do with the dealer you purchase from. Our dealer was not very good but I was fortunate with help from Palomino to find a very good local dealer to handle warranty work even though the didn't sell my line. I did find it was hard to get a hold of the service support but once you did they had warranty parts to me within a couple of days. For the one big issue where I took it in they agreed to handle the repair the way I wanted it as opposed to how they suggested it be performed. My way involved removing the black and grey water tanks and handle the repair from the outside where they wanted to handle it from the inside. All in all I have generally satisfied with how problems are handled.

Maybe ependydad...Doug will chime in soon, I believe he has a Palomino made unit.

Second checking out the Forest River forums good folks there also, plus a few from here are regulars there also.

Maybe ependydad...Doug will chime in soon, I believe he has a Palomino made unit.

Second checking out the Forest River forums good folks there also, plus a few from here are regulars there also.

That's right, thanks Rennie!

Doug... where are you??!   :)

If you haven't done it you might want to go over the the Forest River forums. They have a section for Palomino trailers and the site is searchable.

While I can't talk about your particular model I have experience with Palomino as they make our trailer. For the most part I would say they are typical of the industry and a lot has to do with the dealer you purchase from. Our dealer was not very good but I was fortunate with help from Palomino to find a very good local dealer to handle warranty work even though the didn't sell my line. I did find it was hard to get a hold of the service support but once you did they had warranty parts to me within a couple of days. For the one big issue where I took it in they agreed to handle the repair the way I wanted it as opposed to how they suggested it be performed. My way involved removing the black and grey water tanks and handle the repair from the outside where they wanted to handle it from the inside. All in all I have generally satisfied with how problems are handled.

Thank you.  So you, generally, have to go back to the dealership you purchased it from... or just any dealer that makes repairs to Forest River products?

I don't know why he has not responded yet..........oh yes I do he is enjoying warmer weather then at home at Disney right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you.  So you, generally, have to go back to the dealership you purchased it from... or just any dealer that makes repairs to Forest River products?

Any Forest River dealer or authorized repair center can perform warranty work on any Forest River product line from the manufacturers perspective. Unlike the automotive industry RV dealers are not obligated to service products they didn't sell themselves because of this the only guaranteed place for warranty service is the dealer you purchase from. Our dealer was a couple of hours away and did a horrible job of setting up our trailer. An example is the battery they mounted to the frame. It was only held down by what I thought was a cloth safety strap and it wasn't even cinched properly. I estimate we had another 10-20 miles before it would have fallen off. Some of the problems I might have caught but being first time owners you don't always know what to look for. At the time there was only one other dealer for our trailer line in the state and they were even further away. Palomino helped me find a local Forest River dealer who I contacted for service. They then handled all of  the warranty discussions and helped get me moved up a bit in the repair schedule. The local dealer did a very good repair job and the techs were good about keeping me updated as to repair status. The work was good enough that I plan to continue to use them for any future work I might need and will consider them when it comes time to replace our current trailer.

I was also told that Forest River has mobile repair people authorized to do warranty repairs but they did not have a list or website I could use to find them. One thing I have noticed about the industry is they aren't very up to date on managing these types things from a customer perspective. Maybe one day but I don't expect to see anything like the automotive industry has anytime soon.

I do have a Palomino product but it is a Sabre not Solaire. So it's different factory and warranty people. But, the description is that the product is about average is pretty accurate. The explanation that a good dealer helps sure resounds with me- my dealer SMB. Fortunately, after Sabre screwed up majorly on a factory return, we have established a wonderful working relationship. Parts are shipped the same/next day when j need things and they've helped me find warranty repair folks.

I recent dealt with the Engineer Manager over a few brands and I have high regards to say for him and his handling with a potential issue.

FR also seems to stand behind things (as long as you approach them reasonably and professionally).

I'd give a recommendation for it.

I can't speak for the Palomino brand, but our 5er is a Forest River Product and I have been pleased with the support I have received from them. I have also seem from the Forest River Forums (hey to all you knuckleheads I know from over there :) ) that they generally provide good support when issues come up. For me the dealer\manufacturer support played a role in our decision making just because I knew I would be dealing with them on issues.