Tl;dr review: food was excellent (calamari was as good as advertised), service was great... Until we had to wait an excruciatingly long time for our entrees. Waiter was extremely apologetic, I think the kitchen was jammed up from many parties arriving at once because of the weather and the resort monorail being down. Better than artist point imho.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...

The Touring Plans Blog has posted a review of a vegan meal at Narcoosees...

http://blog.touringplans.com/2015/09/28/vegan-at-narcoossees/#more-97522

Excerpt...

Bread-1-225x300.jpg

Bread!

...encountered one of the kindest servers in the World. She double checked on the sourdough bread (vegan), and brought out olive oil to replace the butter without me even requesting it. A+ already!

Together, we went over the vegetarian menu which features the following entrees:

Garganelli Pasta (savory spinach, oven-roasted tomatoes, basil pistou, comté cheese, and chardonnay-garlic cream)

Soy-Tofu-1-225x300.jpg

Seared Tofu

Coriander and Shichimi-Spiced Seared Tofu (charred beans, jai-lan, green papaya, and sesame sticky rice with fragrant ginger-kaffir-soy broth)

Trophie Pasta (grilled wild mushrooms, sultana raisins, macron almonds, young string beans, herb creme, and arugula)

Not-Chicken-1-300x207.jpg

Not Chicken.

She mentioned that the Tofu dish was already vegan, and the other two could be made vegan by omitting the cream sauces and cheese. Wonderful! She also noted that the Pan-roasted Joyce Farms Chicken on the regular menu could be made vegan just by substituting tofu for the chicken. Cha-ching!

I was able to try both the Coriander and Shichimi-Spiced Seared Tofu dish and the Pan-roasted Chicken (minus chicken, plus tofu). Both of these options were really great, and way exceeded my expectations. In both cases, the tofu was grilled, so it was firm compared to just getting cubes of heated soft tofu (which happens quite frequently). The tofu dish featured sesame sticky rice, which was both awesome and something I haven’t seen at a Walt Disney World restaurant before. It was also heavy on vegetables which is another big plus. The sauce was soy sauce-based, so if you’re not a huge fan of soy sauce you might want to choose a different entree. I really enjoyed it, though, and the charred beans were a nice addition too!

The non-chicken chicken entree featured a pasta sofrito, which was basically a delicious couscous, which is a welcomed departure from regular pasta or rice noodles. It featured tasty grilled vegetables and a light peach mostarda — essentially a peach-flavored mustard sauce that did not taste or smell much like mustard at all. Trying both of these exceptionally good dishes makes me really excited to go back and try the Trophie Pasta some day. I do love mushrooms, so it only seems like a logical choice for next time!

• 5 months later...

A new review of Narcoosee's has been posted by Disney Food Blog...

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2016/03/08/review-narcoossees-at-disneys-grand-floridian-resort-and-spa/

Excerpts...

Cheese Plate

Cheese Plate

Grass Fed NY Strip

Black Angus New York Strip

Key West Shrimp and Garganelli Pasta

Key West Shrimp and Garganelli Pasta

Lemon Custard

Lemon Custard

Honey Pecan Tart

Honey Pecan Tart