Starting to pull together some things we are wanting to do for our trip coming up. For the past few years, my BIL and Wife have been talking about conquering the beer tour of the world at Epcot. The BIL tried it 2 times starting at Mexico and never made it past Germany both times (something to do with how much he loves German beer). Aside from starting at Canada and going the other way around, what can I recommend or do to get him past the Germany hump? Has anyone on the board been able to complete the tour and how long did it take? Has anyone ever been tossed from Epcot for attempting the tour and getting to sloshed? :P

We've done it several times or at least our version of it. I think I first time we tried it we were done by Italy. I'm a bier drinker but that's a lot of bier. We also basically were just walking not really going into the countries.

So after that we came up with a strategy that's worked for us since. Doesn't matter where you start and it probably takes 4-6 hours. We never get in a hurry. When you get your first bier ask for any extra glass because your sharing. Sure it's cheating but I'd be passed out if I tried drinking 12 biers in 4 hours. Besides my goal is to have a good time and enjoy some good biers. It usually works out that I have about 7-8 biers and DW has about 4-5 biers. As far as getting past Germany, well that's a tough one. Tell him you'll buy him another bier in Germany if y'all complete the tour.

Ray,

Your idea sounds interesting and cost saving. Going to each country and buying 1 beer and getting an extra cup and splitting it with someone. May work well. I was thinking of betting the BIL a beer from Germany that he couldn't make it all the way around. Knowing him, he would do it, get rushed to the emergency room, and return back to Epcot for that free beer on my from Germany.

I am not a big drinker anymore but the wife still enjoys a drink or two. She said if the BIL does the tour, she is in.

Ray,

Your idea sounds interesting and cost saving. Going to each country and buying 1 beer and getting an extra cup and splitting it with someone. May work well. I was thinking of betting the BIL a beer from Germany that he couldn't make it all the way around. Knowing him, he would do it, get rushed to the emergency room, and return back to Epcot for that free beer on my from Germany.

I am not a big drinker anymore but the wife still enjoys a drink or two. She said if the BIL does the tour, she is in.

That would be the only way I could do it.  Despite the outward appearance of my stomach, I simply cannot pour that much liquid into it.

Ray,

It's definitely cost savings.

Lol. If you challenged me I'd do the same thing. There's no way I'm not getting my free bier. :rofl:

That would be the only way I could do it. Despite the outward appearance of my stomach, I simply cannot pour that much liquid into it.

I'm a bier drinker and I can't pour that much liquid in me either. Well I could but I wouldn't be standing. Lol

There's 11 country plus the outpost. That's 12 16oz biers. (Or 16 - 12 oz cans). That's a whole lot of drunk.

It can be easy to get sidetracked in Germany or the UK. The fun is in the attempt.

I think Germany is the only place I don't want to share. And your right. It's just fun attempting the tour. Most of the time I'm in Epcot I'm picky on which biers I drink.

Your list of favorite spots at the Fort has inspired me to list my favorite biers at Epcot's world showcase.

10. Bass Ale - England

9. Kronenbourg 1664 - France

8. Moretti - Italy

7. Tsingtao draft. - China.

6. Carlsberg - Norway (it's actually a Danish bier)

5. Kirin Ichiban - japan

4. Yuengling - American but sold at the Outpost

3. Safari Amber - American but sold at the Outpost.

2. Schofferhofer Weisen - Germany. But only in the Biergarten

1. Radebeeger Pilsner - Germany.

This lost is subject to change

That would be the only way I could do it. Despite the outward appearance of my stomach, I simply cannot pour that much liquid into it.

This had me lol'ing thankfully I didn't wake anyone in the house because things are that much funnier when you are trying not to laugh.

SIL and I will be attempting some variation of this in a couple of weeks. The excursion shall tentatively be called...

"it's Nuck and Futz to Drink Around the World"

I've already mentioned the option of sharing beverages but she put the kibosh on that.  :laugh:

And since she is not a beer drinker, plus it's Flower & Garden festival on top of everything else, well... we'll see how it goes. 

If you don't hear from me for a while, I'll be taking a nap on the steps along the water in the Italy pavilion.  I have it on good authority that's an excellent spot.  :rofl2: