Rumor: ANOTHER 24 hour event at MK in 2015?

Put this one in the MAJOR rumor department, as (so far at least) this is the only place I've run across this info...

This is just a RUMOR. I have not been able to verify it as fact but wanted to put it out to all of you in case it is true and you are planning to be in WDW this July. RUMOR has another 24 hour event taking place July 17 at the Magic Kingdom. Supposedly announcement will be coming sometime in June. I will keep digging for the info. to let let you know if it is true or just another one of those Disney rumors.

https://www.facebook.com/TheAdultSideOfDisney/photos/a.431289250257932.100488.429241863796004/844203722299814/?type=1&theater

Don't do it.  I think the last 24 hour day was officially the one that jumped the shark.  Now it's all about the cash...not about the guest.  My prediction is that, from here on out, these 24 hour events will be oversold, understaffed, nothing special messes.  

When I first read this I actually had the thought that "hey, maybe they realized how lame the recent one at MK was (especially compared to DL) and want a re-do so people won't think they've jumped the shark."  ;)

Honestly, there would have to be a really compelling reason for me to even consider it at this point (especially in July).  I truly wasn't sad to miss this past one, having "been there, done that" and knowing there was nothing new or all that special going on this year that I'd be missing out on. 

If they truly don't want people to burn out on these, they need to do more than just keep the park open 24 hours.  :wacko:

• 1 month later...