Help me settle on a logo for new website.

I am working on a new website and could use some opinions. 

We are building a site that would allow users to view and rate specific spots in a campground rather then just see reviews on the whole place. As a family with small children we often find ourselves sticking to sites we have previously "Scouted out" so we dont have to wonder what surprises we will find when we check in. We think there is a market for a site that would help campers choose sites more wisely. 

http://www.designcrowd.com/vote/help-me-pick-out-the-best-logo-

This may be a total waste of time but someone's gotta try to make it and if it works, great, if not..... well so be it. 

Here are my top logo choices from those I have received. Please vote and provide any feedback you might have. 

Mods, if this violates any rules please yank the post and accept my apologies in advance. 

Adam

I voted and agreed with the top 2 picks so far.  I also put on my graphic designer hat and gave you some feedback I hope is helpful.  :)

In general...

• Name is more important than tagline and should always be included
  • I would drop the .com in the logo
  • Make sure everything works when it's small and low res - sometimes that may mean dropping the tagline (and that's ok)
  • Try and avoid logos with proportions that are way beyond square - i.e., super long and rectangular or super tall and skinny.  Those proportions are hard to work with when you find yourself needing to use the logo in other places besides your website header. 

I voted and agreed with the top 2 picks so far.  I also put on my graphic designer hat and gave you some feedback I hope is helpful.  :)

In general...

• Name is more important than tagline and should always be included
  • I would drop the .com in the logo
  • Make sure everything works when it's small and low res - sometimes that may mean dropping the tagline (and that's ok)
  • Try and avoid logos with proportions that are way beyond square - i.e., super long and rectangular or super tall and skinny.  Those proportions are hard to work with when you find yourself needing to use the logo in other places besides your website header. 

Thanks for the insight, All this is new to me. Once we decide on a theme / idea I will have the designer tweak the wording sizing. 

Okay... went back and voted.  I did not pick the number one choice, I think it's because I am not a dog person (don't hate them, just don't really love them... except Mike's dog, that pup is pretty hard to not love :) ) and the dog on that one is what first caught my eye which means that I would almost immediately disconnect if I came across the website online.   Ironically, I did vote for the 3rd favorite, which has a cartoon dog.  Go figure :)

• 2 weeks later...

I voted for the most graphically pleasing one, but wonder how effective a tent-centric logo will appeal to RV campers. Also, I find the tag line cumbersome, too wordy; think about the most effective tag lines out there: Just Do It, I'm Lovin' It, It Just Works. I'd shorten yours to "Scout the Best Sites" or "Your Perfect Site" (I like the double-entendre there). Finally, it seems like a big part of what you're wanting to do would be reinventing the wheel; there are a lot of campground finders out there, and you're going to have to replicate their work and then add your site-rating aspect. I would try to team up with one of the established sites, like We Camp Here. Just my 2¢.