PureTcrazy & Runner bring bad weather to the Fort!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After going the long way down by the Settlement, Chris and I arrive at the site. Donnie is there with Runner and I'm not sure which was the most talkative!

I've never met Runner - but I do not believe anyone can out-talk The Mayor!!

Except for the rain and the doctoring stuff - it sounds like a good time was had by all!!  True FortFiends don't need no stinkin' ponchos!!

Donnie doesn't post on here much - he saves it for talking in person.  You might notice I tend to be talkative here - and I'm more so in person.  I may not talk MORE than The Mayor, but I can match him word for word :rofl2:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thursday is my completely free day, we were planning on going to Epcot. Of course, we woke up to Thunder, lightning and wind shaking the camper. We turn on the TV and it looks like radar you?d see during a hurricane. Needless to say, we didn?t go to Epcot.

The tenters next to us are coming out and they have no way to cook, so I go over and tell them about the coming storms and invite them for breakfast. They decide to load the kids up and go somewhere. We take this opportunity to have an awesome breakfast; Grits, Eggs, Bacon and Register?s Sausage (this is the best sausage around, it is made in a small city near where we live!)

Most of the day is spent monitoring the weather and walking Lola in the itty, bitty breaks in the storm.

By evening time there is still rain, but we are able to grill our hamburgers. The tenters have never returned, so I start to worry again. I?m a mother I can?t help it. So it?s margaritas, cards and bed hoping that the storm will clear.

I want to add that in the one picture you can see a CM whizzing by, Disney had people out during the breaks in the storm checking on people and damages. The day before when Chris and I returned from Orlando, there was a tree down just past the front entrance. These storms also put a tree down at the Meadows Trading Post, across the road to Pioneer hall and we heard one on an RV in the 700 loop.

As a tent camper, I want to say how truly kind and thoughtful that was of you to invite them to breakfast!! :heart: