BBQ and Smoking tips/ tricks/ ideas/ and Reviews

I have been in to BBQ/ Smoking for quite some time now and by the looks of it there are others that share this passion.

Not sure if any of you have heard of the website http://www.amazingribs.com

Before I purchased my smoker I did research there and they have lots of reviews on products, as well as a meal planing area, I have made a bunch and can tell you not a single one has come out bad.

I highly recommend Memphis dust, its a home made spice rub that i use on everything.

I personally own a Traeger Jr Elite, at the time cost was important to me and i was able to get it for $350

1428873_orig.jpg

it has folding legs(show with them folded but will stand about 3.5 feet tall), and runs off of wood pellets (looks like bunny food), you need 110 power to run it, but it works like an oven, set the digital thermostat and it will maintain it as long as you don't run out of the wood.

While its small, it does a good job

they do have other sizes and as my budget allows Ill most likely get something larger, not sure if ill stay with Traeger or switch brands, but for now having a portable smoker is pretty nice.

here is a pic of 3-2-1 ribs, with memphis dust, and Alton Brown Mac and Cheese in the smoker

10689647_10100814130238605_7259968356502

Let me know if anyone needs help, or has questions, I use my smoker 3-5 days a week and can share my knowledge!

Where do you get your meats? Do you do brisket? Up here in Tampa the prices are ridiculous.

I use a Masterbilt electric upright. Has done me good.

I also have a Char Broil Big Easy IR cooker and a Blackstone pizza oven.

I do brisket, I follow Paul kirks brisket rub and use a mustard slather, comes out great and I get a nice smoke ring.

10314454_10100677551648195_2008742414372I get my meat from win dixie most of the time, I also think the meat department at BJ's is good as well

10300033_10100682934166585_5164889502531

I do brisket, I follow Paul Clarks brisket rub and use a mustard slather, comes out great and I get a nice smoke ring.

10314454_10100677551648195_2008742414372I get my meat from win dixie most of the time, I also think the meat department at BJ's is good as well

10300033_10100682934166585_5164889502531

Looks, good.

It kills me when I read some of the smoking blogs where they talk about getting briskets for about $2 to $3 a pound, and pork for pulled pork at 99 cents.

Where do you get your meats? Do you do brisket? Up here in Tampa the prices are ridiculous.

I use a Masterbilt electric upright. Has done me good.

I also have a Char Broil Big Easy IR cooker and a Blackstone pizza oven.

We also have the Masterbuilt upright. I will share some of the recipes DH has made when I get home from work.

One thing I will say is I bought him a set of the claws and a pair of grilling/smoking gloves for Father's Day last year. He was just telling his brother how much he loves the gloves and suggested he get a pair.

A good set of gloves definitely makes it nicer, for me at least.

I have a pair of the Orka heavy silicone oven mitts. They go about 1/2 way to my elbow. You can reach in and maneuver the meat without getting burned. Only problem is with greasy meat it can be hard to grab.

Another great find was cookie sheets with holes in them from Dollar Tree. I put the meat right on them, the holes allow smoke to rise thru and fat to drip down. They are easier to clean than the grating, just scrub in the sink or the dishwasher. They usually only have them in stock during the summer. Got some last year and bought a couple more this year.