Chime In to suggest your favorite regional food that I might not find outside of Florida/'TheSouth'

If they have it at Bongo's and you like seafood, you should try Paella.  I also had some made with Chicken and it was one of the best things I ever ate, except for  donuts.

They do indeed!  I haven't tried it yet, but everything else I've had there was great. This sounds like one doozie of a paella!!

Paella Valencia (Serves 2)  $76.00

Saffron rice with lobster, shrimp, scallops, mussels, clams, chorizo, sausage and chicken. Garnished with sweet peas, tomato and roasted pepper

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/downtown-disney/bongos-cuban-cafe/menus/

That price is pretty steep, but judging by the portions I've seen for other dishes, my guess would be this feeds at least 3 or 4 people.

And this reminds me, I need to make sure Bongo's is on the List of Fun.  B)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is a picture of our contribution to the potluck at 4th of July in 2012 I think.     and one of Mama's absolute favorites for breakfast was country ham. She made Red Eye gravy to go with grits wh

I'm about a month away from my first FW adventure. Yay. I think I'll be having someone stop at a grocery store for me, to help with food supplies to be ready at the beginning of our stay. I'll also be

In the Kissimmee area there is a large Puerto Rican influence. There is a local store called Kissimmee produce that has all kinds of cool things. I still don't know what most of them are! Lol Their de

Here is a picture of our contribution to the potluck at 4th of July in 2012 I think.

1341418286257.jpg

and one of Mama's absolute favorites for breakfast was country ham. She made Red Eye gravy to go with grits when we had it. This is actually a picture from Waffle House which offers a choice of Country Ham or City Ham.

2012-10-05_09-31-14_843.jpg

Here was her traditional country ham biscuit from Hardees on the way to the Fort.

205557_1767149733433_4484780_n.jpg?oh=15

Another good southern treat is biscuit and sausage gravy.

11239365_10206093030779683_2956929920328

Some of the suggestions from my area of the south are peas & butterbeans, greens & cornbread, country fried steak (not the crap you get in a restaurant) , Fried Okra, Chicken and Dumplins, Fried Catfish with cheese grits, cole slaw & hush puppies. Apalachicola oysters raw & fried. Fried shrimp and bay scallops. Oh and fresh creamed corn. I'm hungry! lol We got fresh green peanuts out of the field every year and boiled a ton of them for Mama.

I so miss having good fresh seafood. We have tried fried shrimp everywhere here and yuck. When we head back to the panhandle, we eat seafood! 

IMG_20130120_180010_618_zps4f5ecc7b.jpg

I'm just posting some random pics here I guess! lol here's a good picture with some white acre peas and greens.

389279_3316702911294_1134148898_n.jpg?oh397805_2661420209636_227686446_n.jpg?oh=

I reckon I will have to be sure I bring some good food over to the fort when there are gg's! lol

How could I forget Register's sausage and Tupelo Honey!!!

SLIMEY OKRA :wub: