Do any of the grocery stores near the fort sell thanksgiving meals that you just need to reheat? Probably way way way cheaper than eating at Disney.

I know Publix does this, as Mo found.  I believe Whole Foods does as well, though much more pricey.

All these posts are making me hungry.  

Except the ones that just make me paranoid about meeting 6 foot squirrels.

Are you set on a traditional Thanksgiving meal or flexible. I ask as we gave up our traditional Christmas meal years ago when the girls were little. Instead they pick out a country or region and I will build up a large meal based on their cuisine choice. We've done everything from European and Asian menus to a Chicago style hot dogs, Italian Beef and Combos spread with all the fixin's. I can think of a number of these meals that would work well with camping and not require much more equipment than you would normally take. 

Love that idea!

I believe Whole Foods does as well, though much more pricey.

Yep, they do!

http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/holidays/thanksgiving-menus/classic-dinner

And there is also a Whole Foods not too far from the Fort.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Whole+Foods+Market/@28.4493749,-81.4767397,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0xac2199a3395a5b13

Except the ones that just make me paranoid about meeting 6 foot squirrels.

:holysheep:

we have spent many a TG at the fort with many fiends. I have never prepared anything before hand and have made a full TG dinner without using my oven. I bring my 18 qt roaster and my 6qt roaster. I can make up to a 22 lb turkey in the 18 qt, I make my broc in the 6qt. my stuffing in a fry pan and sweet potato pie in the micro.

I've also cooked Thanksgiving lunch at the Fort.  We didn't prepare anything before hand either, we cooked it all on the Coleman stove and I deep fried the turkey!

I've been pushing to do it again every year but last year we left the Fort to have Thanksgiving at the in-laws and it looks like that's the plan again this year.

I agree with what others have said there just something about touring around the Fort on Thanksgiving, everyone is cooking and lots of families are out and about, its very special.

WBI

One of my favorite thanksgiving meals ever was at the fort with fiends! We cooked a turkey in the roaster oven, homemade dressing in another roaster. We also had collard greens, cornbread and peas & butter beans. Others brought sides too. While we are talking about this, let me say I hope to see some Fiends at Thanksgiving!

One of my favorite thanksgiving meals ever was at the fort with fiends! We cooked a turkey in the roaster oven, homemade dressing in another roaster. We also had collard greens, cornbread and peas & butter beans.

Oh that was soooooooooo good!!  Almost as good as the company.  :heartsmiley:

One of my favorite thanksgiving meals ever was at the fort with fiends! We cooked a turkey in the roaster oven, homemade dressing in another roaster. We also had collard greens, cornbread and peas & butter beans. Others brought sides too. While we are talking about this, let me say I hope to see some Fiends at Thanksgiving!

This fiend will be there pending we don't run into any issues.

I didn't think about the roaster. Never done a turkey in one but that could work out well. Ours is a little big but it would work.

Now you have me thinking outside the box.