BYO Glow Toys....logistics of how to..

This will be our first trip to WDW and we are very excited. I read some where to prepurchase glow toys to bring to the parades and such.

This seemed like a good idea at the time but now I'm wondering how to get 4 kids worth of glow toys into to the park.

Some of these are rather long in length.  One comment recommended LED glow swords which I purchased thinking my son would love to have one and it's hard to provide something to one child without providing for others.  The thing is the sword is pretty long.  Same for some of the glow necklaces I have.  The would fit in the basket of my stroller no problem but I'm thinking they are going to make me pull everything out of the stroller basket individually if it isn't in a bag when I enter the park right?  And i'd have to see how flat the stroller would fold with it in there.

And if they are doing bag checks and the kids see it, one or two of them are going to bug me until it's dark and I'm ready to hand them out or they will be tired of it by dark and want something else.

So I'm starting to think I made a mistake. Has anyone else done this?

I just buy the stuff from the dollar store or dollar spot at target. Sticks/bracelets and sometimes they have like the 6 inch stick that's thicker with a plastic shape at the end (star, heart, etc). Target usually has a tube of 10 bracelets for a $1. I normally carry 2 tubes to allow for duds and handing them out to other kids near us. They easily fit in my bookbag.

Sometimes Dollar Tree has different light up LED items. We've gotten bracelets, 6 inch wand type of sticks on a string ( wear as a necklace or wave around), that flash 6 or 7 different ways, wands with soft balls on the end that flash like crazy when you bop them on something. All of these are a lot brighter and last a lot longer than glow sticks. With the exception of the boppers, they are easier to store/hide than glow sticks also.

As far as getting through bag check without kids seeing, if you have another adult, I would suggest having one adult being the designated bag carrier who goes through bag check, while the other adult takes the kids through the no bag area.  

Agreed that sticking with the smaller stuff will probably be easier all the way around.

As far as getting through bag check without kids seeing, if you have another adult, I would suggest having one adult being the designated bag carrier who goes through bag check, while the other adult takes the kids through the no bag area.  

What Marty said.

And maybe just to be safe, put all the glow stuff in a separate bag that closes.  That way you can hand just that bag to the CM and they can look in without the kids peeking. Unless the bag is chuck full to the top, unlikely bag check will make you empty it all out, and even then, they mostly just poke around to make sure there isn't anything in there that's not allowed.

I just buy the stuff from the dollar store or dollar spot at target. Sticks/bracelets and sometimes they have like the 6 inch stick that's thicker with a plastic shape at the end (star, heart, etc). Target usually has a tube of 10 bracelets for a $1. I normally carry 2 tubes to allow for duds and handing them out to other kids near us. They easily fit in my bookbag.

This is exactly what I do. And multiple bracelets make a necklace.