Help! Booking Last minute flights

Has anyone used Hotwire and specifically their "Hot Rates" to book a last minute flight? If so could you please share your experience. Were the flights at reasonable times (both departure and arrival). We know that no changes can be made and nothing is known until you pay for the flights.

What about Expedia or Travelocity?

I just thought I would come back in here and tell you about our experience.

Steve's cousin passed away and he lived in Oregon so we had to get a flight from Huntsville, AL to Portland, OR. I checked the larger airports of Nashville, Birmingham and Atlanta, but by the time you figured in driving there and back flying out of Huntsville was going to be the best option. Unfortunately round trip tickets were showing as being over $1,000. Yikes! Then I started looking around the internet for last minute fares. Travelocity had one for about $476 round trip. The only thing was you knew nothing about the flights until you paid for it. We did know that there was going to be one connection. This was actually good to know because there could have potentially been two connections. So once Steve gave the go ahead I went to book his ticket. No problem booking it. He got the confirmation instantly to his email address. Now the hard part for us (we are not morning people) is the flight from Huntsville left at 6:45 am. It was a Delta flight which connected in Atanta and arrived in Portland just before noon local time. The return time was 6:15am today and again the connection was Atlanta. He was able to choose his seat on all his flights ahead of time. He was not able to do the online boarding, but with flights that early it was not a big deal.

So, if you find yourself in a position of needing to book a last minute flight and you are flexible in your schedule then I would recommend using Travelocity. Just know that no changes can be made once you make your purchase.