Here are some pictures from Pirateland in Myrtle Beach (www.pirateland.com).  When I made the reservations, I knew that this was "beach" camping...which meant little to no privacy, so I asked the front desk for as "private" of spot as possible.  They were able to put us in spot 1219, which was on the corner and backed up to a small fishing pond, so that was wonderful.  The proximity to the beach is amazing and their pool was a HUGE hit with our kiddos.  Because we now have a truck, we were able to bring our bikes which was a lot of fun :)   Our opinion of the property is mixed.  Pros:  The beach was wonderful (different than the Gulf as the tide goes out and you have this muddy/shell beach that the kids loved digging in) and the pool was great; they also had a good sized general store with decent selection and the property itself is located minutes from Walmart, restaurants, etc...so no problem there. If you're able to reserve a spot with a cabana (not all the sites have one) that's really nice as it provides you shade over your picnic table.  We ate all of our meals outside; don't know that we could have done that without the cabana.  Cons: Landscaping and some curb appeal.  The staff itself was nice, but the actual landscaping crew seemed to spend more time riding around on their lawn mowers, than cutting any grass.  Some of the sites (ours included) had some really tall weeds/grass.  The kind that you'd be better served with a weedwacker, but a mower would be more efficient with such a large community.   We watched landscapers drive by EMPTY sites and not cut them.  Made no sense to us.   On curb appeal, this beach community (like the others nearby) had little "houses" (aka trailers) that were permanent.  Some of these needed some decent repairs.  Our thought was, if their landscapers did a better job around the campsites and the houses and if the covenants for the houses were stricter, the place would look a lot better.  All-in-all, we had a really great time.  Blessed with PERFECT weather.  Warm, but not hot-hot and the humidity felt so much less with the ocean breeze.  It was wonderful :)

From the road:

20150813_193707_zpsrew5cbqi.jpg

Our spot:

ebdc8004-ac0d-4c25-95ac-f70a174cbf6c_zps

View from our picnic table:

20150814_145122%20-%20Copy_zpsruo3tge1.j

View looking the other way from our table:

20150814_145110_zpsmgdndvzz.jpg

Shaded spots:

20150813_194050_zpsnjwviblj.jpg

This community does not allow personal RV washing, but you can hire a company.  This owner hired someone to wash his RV and I felt bad for the neighbors as I'm guessing their stuff was getting soaked (at one point, they were pressure washing the roof and you could see the spray in the breeze):

20150815_142209%20-%20Copy_zpsm5gnwnis.j

This poor man tried to get his RV around a corner... tough to see in the picture, but he clipped the tree with his awning.  Made a horrible sound!  When we saw the RV later, the damage was not near as bad as it could have been, so that was good.

20150814_152814%20-%20Copy_zpsuzfnebb0.j

The reason you drive to the beach... to play :)

20150814_164828%20-%20Copy_zpsk3e29xq2.j

Being close to MB we have visited the area few times.  I have ridden around the campgrounds and for the reason you state they are not for me.  I would much rather his a state park, like Hunting Island to visit the beach.  YMMV

• 2 months later...