Wow, they sure botched this event.

The Disney Parks blog is a mess with all the questions and replies.

The other big issue out at Disneyland is that they have a half marathon going on there this weekend. And there's a hard ticket after hours party going on there tonight.

Parking is going to be a big problem, as they have a very small lot for Downtown Disney, and that lot is only for short-term parking.

Somebody goofed big on this.

TCD

In answer to the question "how many people will actually line up at midnight to shop for stuff when it's not even Black Friday?"

51 mins ·

About 200 people at Downtown Disney Orlando waiting for the #ForceFriday merch release. Thanks to @darthvader92 for pic

11953073_10152978283612035_8045381431296

In answer to the question "how many people will actually line up at midnight to shop for stuff when it's not even Black Friday?"

Meh.

I don't think that's such a big crowd for something that has been hyped as much as this has been.  I wish they hadn't dropped the $50 cover charge.  I would have really loved to see that crowd.

TCD

I read on another site (WDWMAGIC) that Once Upon a Toy was charging a "premium" of $50 for that BB8 robot.

So, people could buy these on-line and at other locations for $149, but Disney was price gouging and selling them for $200.

Isn't that special?  I wonder if that was a last minute decision to make up for the lost revenue they were counting on from the $50 cover charge, or if they were going to charge guests a premium after they paid $50 for the privilege of shopping all along?

TCD