The Fort Wilderness Activities Schedule for October 2015, including the Campfire Movie schedule and schedule of all Halloween events and activities, has been posted here...

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/activities/fort-wilderness-activities-schedule-october-2015-r403

I was just comparing to last year and the big changes seem to be...

The site decorating contest is now on the 29th and is only until 10pm (in line with the decorating rules for a change).

There's now a Costume Beach Bash on the 30th from 9pm to midnight.  That ought to be interesting!

The format for the schedule was different last year and the character meet and greet was listed under a special "activities" section for the 30th and 31st.

It's not listed that way on this schedule so I'm not sure whether that means it's not happening, or just that it's not listed.

This was last year...

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/activities/fort-wilderness-activities-schedule-october-2014-r371

Actually this year's schedule doesn't list any special Halloween "activities" - just "events."

Up arrow to Mo for publishing this first anywhere on the internet.

I'm sure it won't take some parasite from another site long to swipe it, but Mo was first!

It's interesting that they're judging the campsites on Thursday night, but not awarding the prize until Saturday.

That's kind of dumb, if you ask me.

TCD

Yes, it is.

Looks like they are pushing back on the dates to get even more people to book longer stays... like they really need to try to fill sites that are booked a year in advance.

Pretty soon they will start Halloween at the Fort to coincide with MNSSHP!

I'll tell you, going to that Halloween blog party so far in advance of Halloween has thrown our schedule way off.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, that' bizarre that the site decorating contest is done with by Thursday.

I know there were some folks last year that showed up right before Halloween, set up a display just before Halloween, and were gone a day later.

What about folks arriving Thursday night or Friday morning just for the weekend?

What about folks arriving Thursday night or Friday morning just for the weekend?

That's the biggest complaint I've been hearing.

And the people that assume things are the same as before and don't see the schedule a head of time, are likely to be especially bummed out. :(

I randomly checked a bunch more.  They're all listing the activities in a similar format.  The only mention I've seen so far to characters is this from the Boardwalk...

Annual Halloween Event | 5:30pm | Village Green

Join us for Creepy Crawly Arts and Crafts, Character Meet and Greets, Trick or Treating,

Bewitching Games and Face Painting!

Checked the rest.  Only other mentions...

Port Orleans - Riverside

HALLOWEEN BASH

ON THE BAYOU

6:00pm–9:00pm

Located near the Riverside Marina

Trick or Treating

Eerie Musical Games

Tricky Trivia

Bewitching Games

Monster Bash Dance Party

Costume Contest

(Please see a Recreation Cast Member for more  

information about age groupings and times)

Creepy Crawly Arts and Crafts ($)

Meet and Greets with Disney Characters

Port Orleans - French Quarter

FRENCH QUARTER

HALLOWEEN BASH

4:00pm–7:00pm

Located on the French Quarter green

between buildings 5 & 6

Trick or Treating

Eerie Musical Games

Bewitching Games

Monster Bash Dance Party

Costume Contest

(Please see a Recreation Cast Member for more  

information about age groupings and times)

Mickey Tie-Dye ($)

Meet and Greets with Disney Characters

Yacht & Beach

Halloween Event | 4:00pm-6:30pm | Located on walkway between

Beaches & Cream Soda Shop and Captain’s Grille

Join us for Creepy Crawly Arts and Crafts, Character Meet and Greet, Trick or Treating and Face Painting!

Halloween merchandise will be available for purchase at Beach Club Marketplace.

i wonder what gives? I could almost see if it was at deluxes only but PO is moderates, right?

Could just be a printed schedule issue vs an issue of there not being any characters this year.  Each resort operates pretty much as its own entity, and while I'm sure someone gives them all a template for the printed schedules, what they do with it is up to them.  All the Halloween sections on all the schedules are set up with a similar template. The few that mention characters have jammed a lot more text into that space. 

They didn't print a separate schedule out last year.  I guess we'll see what shakes out.

• 3 weeks later...