Goofy?s Candy Company Create-Your-Own Snacks

The covered pretzels are my favorite - what's yours??

From the Disney Food blog...

Goofy?s Candy Company Create-Your-Own Snacks

Apr 5th, 2011

by AJ.

One of my favorite parts of the Disney World snack hierarchy is Goofy?s Candy Company?s create-your-own options. In Downtown Disney, Goofy?s offers a fun little ?assembly line? where guests can build a snack from the ground up!

Prices-for-create-your-own-500x333.jpg

Prices for create your own

That?s right ? true, 100% guest interaction here. (Talk about getting it your way!) YOU decide what snack you want. YOU decide what it?s dipped in. YOU decide the topping. And YOU decide what it?s drizzled with. There are countless different combinations of flavors and snacks. Kinda makes you want to come back again and again, eh?

Here?s the ordering sheet, which shows off quite clearly the many, many sugary (and some salty!) choices.

Ordering-Sheet-393x550.jpg

I decided (natch) to get two Goofy?s Candy Company create your own treats. I did this because it?s been a couple of years since I created my last treat and I had clearly forgotten that the size and sweetness of just one treat is often way too much for one person to handle. As is often the case, my eyes were much bigger than my stomach!

However, as a result, you guys get the benefit of seeing two different treats made! Yay!

my-ordering-sheets.jpg

I chose:

* Rice Krispie Treat + Dipped in White Chocolate + Topped with Oreo Cookie Crumbs + Drizzled with Milk Chocolate

* Pretzel Rods + Dipped in Milk Chocolate + Topped with Butterfinger Crumbs + Drizzled with White Chocolate

Mickey Rice Krispie Treat Create-Your-Own

An absolutely lovely Goofy?s Candy Company cast member was working with me on this visit. Annie moved ahead slowly and lovingly. She had clearly done this many times before and, instead of being bored with the creations, had taken her time to develop the perfect approach.

Dipping-into-white-choc-2-500x333.jpg

Dipping krispie treat into white chocolate

She made sure the treat was fully coated in white chocolate ? twice ? before burying it in the Oreo cookie crumbs.

dipping-krispie-treat-into-oreos-2-500x333.jpg

dipping krispie treat into oreos 2

Now, when I say bury, I mean bury! She packed that treat into the cookie crumbs and patted it down like she was tucking a favorite niece or nephew into bed for the night.

packing-oreo-around-krispie-treat-500x333.jpg

packing oreo around krispie treat

And THEN? she left it there, packed in Oreo crumbs, while she went on to prepare the pretzel rods for my next treat. I figured she was leaving it there so that the chocolate would cool and dry a bit, making even more crumbs stick than would have if she?d pulled the treat out sooner. When I mentioned it to her, she just said ? in a knowing way ? ?I just make them the same way I like to eat them.? This is why Annie is the best cast member ever.

From here, she pulled the Oreo-laden treat from the crumbs and began drizzling it with milk chocolate. By the time she was finished, there was so much chocolate it looked like it had been dipped again! Wonderfulness!

drizzling-milk-choc-on-krispie-treat-500x333.jpg

drizzling milk chocolate on krispie treat

Pretzel Rod Create-Your-Own

I decided that getting the pretzel rod (no fat!!) would be a smart and healthy snack ? hooray for me!

Annie began by dipping three (!!!) pretzel rods into milk chocolate. I figured I?d just get one, but nope! Three!

dipping-pretzel-into-milk-choc-500x333.jpg

dipping pretzel into milk chocolate

And the pretzels got the same fabulous treatment as the Krispie Treat ? a good long sittin? in that Butterfinger candy.

dipping-pretzel-rod-into-butterfinger-500x333.jpg

dipping pretzel rod into butterfinger

And, of course, a healthy drizzle of white chocolate!

drizzling-white-choc-on-pretzel-rods-500x333.jpg

drizzling white chocolate on pretzel rods

I headed over to the pick-up station while Annie packed my treats into cute Mickey cut-out boxes. Goofy?s used to use Styrofoam containers for the create-your-own treats, so I really like this new packaging. It?s much easier for transport as well, should you want to take one home.

Here?s Annie!!!

picking-up-two-create-your-owns-367x550.jpg

picking up two create your owns

Indulging

Once we got back to our hotel room, we just had to try ?em! First up? The Krispie Treat:

create-your-own-krispie-treat-500x333.jpg

create your own krispie treat

It was all nestled beautifully in that little red box, and when we picked it up, there were so many Oreo crumbs on the thing that even though several fell off and stayed in the box there was still a nice, thick coating on the Krispie!

finished-krispie-treat-500x333.jpg

finished krispie treat

finished-krispie-treat-2-500x333.jpg

finished krispie treat 2

Of course ? I?ve gotta show you the inside! You can?t really see the milk chocolate very well here, but that was a nice, thick coating as well.

bite-out-of-krispie-treat-500x333.jpg

bite out of krispie treat

Overall, this treat was almost sickeningly sweet! Definitely needed something salty after this! Thank goodness we had pretzel rods in the other box!! ;-)

These were easier to handle and less crumbly, but you still want to eat with care ? toppings will definitely fall off, and you don?t want to lose ?em (keep them in the box for snacks later)!

pretzel-rods-500x333.jpg

pretzel rods

Because the bite was smaller and there was the slightest taste of salt, this was less overwhelming than the Krispie was. I liked the balance of the crunchy, salty pretzel with the sweet/salty flavor of the Butterfinger and the sweetness of the milk and white chocolate.

pretzel-rod-inside-500x333.jpg

pretzel rod inside

Overall

Unless you?re going to eat your treat over the course of a few days, definitely get one to share! At least if Annie?s making these for you, you?ll end up with a very large, very sweet treat ? tough to stomach in one sitting.

That said, I love that Goofy?s gives us the opportunity to create exactly what we want, when we want it. There are so many different combinations to try that you?re bound to be in the mood for something on the list. And ranging in price from $3.95 to $8.95, the cost lay-out for what you get really isn?t all that bad!

[http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011/04/05/goofys-candy-company-create-your-own-snacks/#more-26707/url]

Off topic, but fyi, Goofy's is open before any of the other stores at DTD by at least 1/2 hour, and serves up coffee.  If you're an early guy like me, that is important.

THose used to be a snack credit on the dining plan. One year we had way too many credits left over after the family traveling with us left early due to a DD with strep throat, leaving us with their extra room & unused meal credits.

After the parks closed on that last night, we went to DTD to throw... err, I mean use what was left. We bought ourselves and the people standing in line with us at Earl of Sandwich meals in an effort to use the remaining credits before they expired at midnight. Then we headed down the block to Goofy's where we made pretzels and rice crispie treats to bring home for the grandparents and pet-sitter as souvies. Back home those treats disappeared like a snowball in AK on a July afternoon. Everybody loved them... much better than bringing home tshirts - and cheaper too!

I'm not sure if those are still considered a snack credit on DDP but if they are, I recommend saying a few to use at Goofy's before heading home. It was by far the best use of snack credits ever in our history.  :rofl2:

If you're an early guy like me, that is important.

What brings you there so early?

If you want a coffee even earlier at the MP, there a couple of more places that open before GCC.

Gotta get a good parking spot in the shade before the lot surfers get there.  I also like to get my shopping done before the crowd forms.

If you're an early guy like me, that is important.

What brings you there so early?

If you want a coffee even earlier at the MP, there a couple of more places that open before GCC.

Gotta get a good parking spot in the shade before the lot surfers get there.  I also like to get my shopping done before the crowd forms.

well shoot, that takes all the challenge out of it. Next you'll probably try to tell me you just wanna buy your trinkets and vamoose... :argh: