'We are so relieved': Missing king cobra snake found under dryer near Orlando

An 8-foot king cobra snake that had been missing for more than a month was found under a dryer in a garage not far from its reality TV star owner's home near Orlando.

Officials say a woman contacted Orange County Animal Services on Wednesday night after she heard hissing sounds while putting clothes in her dryer.

Valerie Kennedy, the wife of "Airplane Repo" star Mike Kennedy, told FOX411 the snake "was found last night at 11p.m. The poor thing was in pretty bad shape. His eyes are fogged over. He hasn’t eaten a thing since he was captured. "

They had been searching for it since Sept. 2, the day after Mike Kennedy returned home from a trip and discovered it gone.

"We are so relieved," Valerie Kennedy said. "This has been so difficult to go through as a family, and it has really taken a toll."

Kennedy said the snake made it about a half mile from the Dragon Ranch Sanctuary, where it had been kept until it escaped after a storm damaged its enclosure.

Following its escape, students at a nearby elementary school weren't allowed outside for recess.

Mike Kennedy told FOX411 in September that the snake would be in big trouble if it wasn't found.

"Winter comes along and they die," he said. "I’m not going to say it’s a 100 percent, nothing is 100 percent, but chances are he can’t survive if he doesn’t turn up."

King Cobras, which can reach a length of 18 feet, are among the most deadly snakes in the world. The venom in a single bite can kill 20 people, or one elephant.

I'm glad they found it.

I like how the owners say how difficult this was for them.  What about the lady who found an 8' snake under her dryer?

I wonder if the article is accurate about these snakes being able to grow to 18'?  That doesn't sound right.

TCD

WIKIPEDIA

The king cobra averages 9.8 to 13.1 ft in length and typically weighs about 13 lb. The longest known specimen was kept captive at the London Zoo, and grew to around 18.5 to 18.8 ft  before being euthanised upon the outbreak of World War II.

Even at 13 feet that's a pretty big snake!

I wonder what they mean by deadliest snake in the world. The most venomous is a the Taipan and most human deaths are by viper's even though they are not the most venomous snakes there are. Cobras while deadly are mid-tier when compared to other species. Not that I want one under my dryer or anywhere near me for that matter.