First Disneyland trip!

Seeing the Disneyland pics makes me want to plan a visit for Rene and myself. It's been over 20 years since we've visited. I don't want to cause an argument but I feel Disneyland has always been a cut above the MK at WDW. While Disneyland is a tourist destination it doesn't really feel that way to me as opposed to when we visit the MK I always feel like one. A bonus would be to see extended family we haven't visited with other than funerals for the same period.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Busy day today! We're back in the room resting now. We need to do some laundry and pack - tomorrow is check-out day. Our shuttle won't pick us up until 8:00 pm tomorrow, so the plan is to leave ou

Pictures from around the park: Finally got my hands on a churro. I was a bit disappointed:

Wow- the bonus photos are wonderful.

Your husband got some really good shots.

I don't want to cause an argument but I feel Disneyland has always been a cut above the MK at WDW. While Disneyland is a tourist destination it doesn't really feel that way to me as opposed to when we visit the MK I always feel like one.

I don't think this opinion is likely to start any arguments here.

There have been quite a few members of this board who have made trips to Disneyland.  I can't think of one person who came back saying that the MK is better than Disneyland park.

I still prefer WDW because it has the Fort.  And, the experience of visiting WDW is immersive; while the outside world surrounds and is plainly visible from the Disneyland parks.  But, just comparing park to park, Disneyland is the best Disney park.  My only criticism is that puny little thing they call a castle. Oh, and their monorail.  Very lame.  Otherwise, I like Disneyland park better than any other Disney park (full disclosure-I haven't been to Japan yet).

TCD

I'm enjoying your report very much, it's been years since we were at Disneyland. I apologize for the down arrow. I accidentally tapped it when scrolling on my iPad and I don't know how to fix it. If someone can tell me how, I will change it to up!

Your pictures are beautiful! I really wish they would do the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay at WDW. It's my favorite Halloween movie and I would love to see it at the Haunted Mansion. While we have children in school, I don't see us making it to California during the fall

...  My only criticism is that puny little thing they call a castle. ....

TCD

I don't suffer from a case of turret envy so it doesn't bother me. Keep in mind Disneyland was built before the supersizing of America. Back then it would have been considered very big when you compare it to the size of houses people lived in.

Thanks y'all, for following along. I fell in love with Disneyland and would love to go back. I was actually a little shocked at how small the castle was. I'm just so used to walking into the Magic Kingdom and seeing Cinderella castle, at the end of Main Street. I had to walk all the way down Main Street, at Disneyland, before I could take a picture. However, it is a lovely castle. :) I would also love to see the NBC overlay on our Haunted Mansion!