After reading and searching the thread's regarding " Pet Loops & Non Pet Loops" I am as confused now as I was when I started the research.

We will be staying at Fort Wilderness starting the 11-28 through 12-04.

It will be DW, myself our 2 furry munchkins, as well as DIL and SIL and their 2 furry munchkins.

As this will be our first stay at FW we would like to not rile any feathers and follow the rules. However it seems as though ( from reading the forume ) there are no longer any deignated "Pet Loops" and people are being put, wherever-whenever is convenient.

My question to the FF brain trust, is.

Do we search the threads/videos and look for a Premium site that suites us regardless as to whether it is a pet loop or not?

Do we stick with the premium sites that are pet friendly only?

Any suggestion's on a decent site that isn't on to of the adjoining site?  I am not unsociable, however I prefer to have a little space between us and whoever our neighbors may be.

Thanks in advance.

If you're talking about November 28th of this year, you needn't spend a lot of time thinking about which site you'd like to have, as that falls on the Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend, and there will be very limited sites opening up that day.  There will be a mass exodus on Sunday, and your choices would be exponentially greater if you were checking in on Sunday.

If you want to avoid grief, stick with the premium pet loops (400-1000), and come up with a list of your top three loops.  Send in a fax asking for those loops, and hope for the best.

As far as having space between your site and the next one, that varies from loop to loop.  There are sites on the 700, 800 and 900 that are good for giving you space, but there are also sites on those very same loops where you will be right on top of your neighbor.  It's the luck of the draw.

TCD

If requesting a site I would stick with ones that are in pet loops.

Though like TCD said, that being thanksgiving weekend you'll probably just end up with whatever happens to be open. If you end up not liking the site you could request to move if one comes open that you prefer. Though that just seems like to much trouble to me. Hope you enjoy, you fort should be fairly peaceful come Monday morning.

• 2 weeks later...

Made it to the Fort a little later than expected but was given a rather nice large site in the 800 loop. The space between sites could be a bit more but not complaining since this was one of our chosen loops to begin with.

Thanks for all of the help. We look forward to an exciting week ahead during our first Fort trip.

We had a nice stay.

I will say that I was disappointed to see so many kid's/young adults without parental supervision riding around on golf cart's not heeding the rules of the road.

I am by no means a prude whatsoever but C'mon people ( not directed towards any members, unless it was you ), bull lighting the deer and driving through the woods on golf cart's is bad form and quite disrespectful.