In response to public confusion and outcry Monday morning, representatives from all of the parks have released statements that seem non-committal to the future of these security measures:

Disney: “We continually review our comprehensive approach to security and are implementing additional security measures, as appropriate” and

Universal: “This test is a natural progression for us as we study best practices for security in today’s world.”

SeaWorld: “Like other major attractions and venues, we continually evaluate our existing comprehensive security plans.”

Notice anything in common? None of these statements say specifically that these changes are permanent. Though the metal detector/wand setup as well as the new rules at Disney could stay in place indefinitely, it seems like all of the parks are not ready to specifically commit to these changes long-term.

http://www.themeparktourist.com/news/20151218/31115/5-things-you-need-know-about-new-security-policies-place-all-orlando-theme-parks?page=1

Isn't it odd that they all are saying "nothing" specific, and they all started the same day, or at least that's when the media decided to look into it.

Makes it look like they all get together and make plans...

Makes it look like they all get together and make plans...

Or did some government agency (Homeland Security?) tell them to beef up security because of some credible threat that they're not sharing with the public? (wouldn't want to hurt business by warning people to stay away- just throw up some temporary metal detectors, and train the hire-a-cops how to profile the troublemakers).

TCD

Or did some government agency (Homeland Security?) tell them to beef up security because of some credible threat that they're not sharing with the public? (wouldn't want to hurt business by warning people to stay away- just throw up some temporary metal detectors, and train the hire-a-cops how to profile the troublemakers).

TCD

Very possible. The world/public does not need to know why or how most security is beefed up. I am continually amazed/pissed off at what the media spews out every day regarding our military and security actions.

TCD

I was thinking the same thing. Because it seems like this was all put together very fast. And Disney has there own security. But they hired another company, which to me says they needed more people fast, and I bet they had there own security equipment to bring with them. But that is just my thinking so who knows. I will say when we were at Disney last month security did seem to be trying harder then in the past.