It's variable. You can put in a request ahead of time. When you get there if you know you won't like the site you can ask if something else is available and if you have a specific see if it is.

Some people have gotten to the site to see it wont work and contacted the outpost to see about another one nearby that's currently empty but it depends on if it's already been assigned. Slow times have a better chance than say Christmas week.

I can confirm from that what Jason said above is correct.  On several occasions, I have called the front desk from a house phone at the loop Comfort Station and asked that I be reassigned another open site that I saw on my loop.  Most of the time the answer has been yes.  There have been times where my request was denied, and I kept what I had.

I have also asked to change sites at check in.  They have a book at the check in lanes with a map of each loop showing each specific site.  If I'm not familiar with the location of the site I've been assigned, I've asked the Castmember to show me its location in the notebook, and if there's something I don't like about it, I've asked if there are other options.

So, yes, they are flexible with site assignments.  But, as Jason said, at busy times, the ability to be flexible can be limited.

TCD

...Slow times have a better chance than say Christmas week.

^THIS^

I always keep the Fort Fiends mobile app fired up at check-in, along with a short list of the sites I know we'd prefer.  That way if we get assigned something else, we can ask what else might be available. 

We were in 300 last year (booked preferred pet) and at check-in the CM showed us which sites were available and let us pick. 

I always keep the Fort Fiends mobile app fired up at check-in, along with a short list of the sites I know we'd prefer.  That way if we get assigned something else, we can ask what else might be available. 

We were in 300 last year (booked preferred pet) and at check-in the CM showed us which sites were available and let us pick. 

This happened to me on the Saturday before Thanksgiving.  I thought it was real nice of the guy to show me the book, of course this was at 8am inside the outpost not at a booth.  After we looked through available sites he said if you want to wait there are some better ones coming available and showed me the area he was talking about so I decided to wait.

But then 30 minutes later I got a text so we drove back with the trailer and it turned out I was assigned one of the originals I didn't want.  That was not fun.  So then I called from a comfort station phone and ended up getting one he showed me before in a loop I originally didn't want.  The site turned out great and I should have just taken it to begin with.

As others have said it really depends how busy they are.

WBI

I'm towing a 32' TT I have a premium site reserved so I'll have to take a look and figure out what's best!  I always like a quiet site so I'm hoping I'll get a site that doesn't have a "raging kegger" all week   :rolleyes: Thanks for the help.  

The raging kegger folks prefer the partial hook-up loops. Cheaper sites= more beer money.

TCD