The bus ride to the lodge from the fort and back is not bad. It's the only bus ride we do in all of disney.

We enjoy the ride and it's our only bus use as well. The walk from the bus stop to the lobby is short enough we don't need to mess with the scooters.

Such good info!  I've never ridden the bus to the lodge so that wasn't on my radar screen at all.  Thanks!

I agree.  Especially if you're on a loop served by they Yellow bus route.  The Yellow bus route travels through the campground and then becomes the Wilderness Lodge bus when it gets to the Settlement bus stop.  If you want to go on to the Lodge, you can stay on and go directly there.  On the way back, once the bus gets to the Settlement, it turns into the Yellow bus, and heads through the campground all the way to the Outpost.  Since the bus uses a direct bus-only road between the Fort and the Lodge, it gets you there faster and easier than driving.

TCD

Also very good to know.  We are hoping that everyone will be in either the 1100 or 2100 loop so that's not quite on the yellow line (if the routes haven't changed since the map I'm looking at), but I hope we will have a golf cart also in play, so we could just get someone to cart us to the yellow bus stop and make our way back.  So much better of a plan than walking or biking in the dead of night...

I hope for your sake that it's not so late at night that you have a problem like we did on New Year's Eve when no internal buses came to the Settlement bus depot. Make sure you find out how late the internal buses and the FW to WL buses will be running.

I saw your post about that.  Sounded crazy.  Hopefully that's an aberration like TCD said.  Plus, I doubt it would be too terribly late for us to be going back.  We hit the parks hard each morning so I wouldn't expect to be staying too late at night - just late enough to not want to walk back in the pitch black.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hope they ban ALL carts at the fort. Go back to a nice bike ride or walk.

We were just on the 100 loop from the 26-2nd and did notice several faster gas powered karts(we didn't know they were allowed) as one passed us on our electric kart on evening. we also noticed the gol

Well I won't say it can't be done. But there is no cart approved path to get you there. So the right answer is no you can't take your cart to the Lodge.

Such good info!  I've never ridden the bus to the lodge so that wasn't on my radar screen at all.  Thanks!

Also very good to know.  We are hoping that everyone will be in either the 1100 or 2100 loop so that's not quite on the yellow line (if the routes haven't changed since the map I'm looking at), but I hope we will have a golf cart also in play, so we could just get someone to cart us to the yellow bus stop and make our way back.  So much better of a plan than walking or biking in the dead of night...

I saw your post about that.  Sounded crazy.  Hopefully that's an aberration like TCD said.  Plus, I doubt it would be too terribly late for us to be going back.  We hit the parks hard each morning so I wouldn't expect to be staying too late at night - just late enough to not want to walk back in the pitch black.

Get to see nature in it's finest that late.  Deer, rabbits, maybe even turkeys.

Just throw a flashlight in your pocket, purse, or backpack.

We are hoping that everyone will be in either the 1100 or 2100 loop so that's not quite on the yellow line (if the routes haven't changed since the map I'm looking at), but I hope we will have a golf cart also in play, so we could just get someone to cart us to the yellow bus stop and make our way back.  So much better of a plan than walking or biking in the dead of night...

The bus stop for 1100 is right across from the loop entrance- that is on the Orange route.  A Settlement Orange bus will get you to the Settlement, but then you'll have to transfer to a Wilderness Lodge bus.  If you're lucky with timing, you won't have a long wait.  But you could.

If everyone is able to walk .2 miles, you could instead head over to the bus stop for the 1600-1900 loops:

1100%20to%20yellow%20bus_zps7dyky6zm.jpg

The benefit of doing that is once you're on the Settlement Yellow bus, you won't have to change buses at the Settlement- that bus will continue on to the Lodge.  Same deal on the way back.

TCD

Thanks, TCD!  That looks perfect.  So glad to know about this now!   :)

One caveat- how they do the internal buses does change from time to time.

It used to be the Orange route that included the run to the Lodge.  But, they changed that once they started to run the Orange through the cabin loops.  It's been the way it is now for a few years.

If I am going to the Lodge via a Yellow bus, I always ask the driver when I get on if he/she will be continuing on to the Lodge.  Lately, the answer has always been yes, but you never know.

TCD

The bus stop for 1100 is right across from the loop entrance- that is on the Orange route.  A Settlement Orange bus will get you to the Settlement, but then you'll have to transfer to a Wilderness Lodge bus.  If you're lucky with timing, you won't have a long wait.  But you could.

If everyone is able to walk .2 miles, you could instead head over to the bus stop for the 1600-1900 loops:

1100%20to%20yellow%20bus_zps7dyky6zm.jpg

The benefit of doing that is once you're on the Settlement Yellow bus, you won't have to change buses at the Settlement- that bus will continue on to the Lodge.  Same deal on the way back.

TCD

Good info