I don't know what Doug suggested, but prior to around 1995 there were no pets allowed at the campsites. Period.  If you brought your pet, it stayed in the kennel. 

The original pet loops were 1600-1900. Then in 1997 they included the 300 loop and 1200 was used for an overflow pet loop if CRO surpassed the pet site limits.  It stayed pretty much like that until the "Great Fort Renovation" of 2008.  Now pets can stay on just about any loop.

So perhaps Jeff listened to suggestions that were offered to him. Maybe not.  In any event, Jeff saw how important it was for guests to have their pets with them when they were camping and now our furry pals can enjoy the Fort, too.

Jeff is "old style" Disney and spreads the pixie dust whenever needed.  He even found we were celebrating our wedding anniversary on one trip and he made sure we got flowers, balloons, and an autographed picture of Chip and Dale.  There aren't many CM's left that remember (or know) how to make the "Disney Difference".

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree! It was nice to seem to be "heard" but did anything you say change or go into affect? I'm curious....

Hello beccaewert ....... I really feel that when talking with Jeff it was more then just 'seem to be heard'!  He was sincerely interested in what guests had to say!  I am sure that if he was not interested there would have been no reason for him to ask.  Like Debbie said and I also believe it to be true, Jeff Martin is a very concerned CM / Guest Manager and he wants what is best for the guests at Fort Wilderness. 

At the time that Jeff and I spoke he ask me which Loops in the 'Full Hook-Up' area (1600, 1700, 1800 & 1900 Loops) did I think should be Pet Loops.  We talk about several different options and we also discussed that the 1500 Loop had the 'Dog Walk' along the canal area and it might be better to have the 1600 Loop and I believe the 1800 Loop Pet Friendly Loops and leave 1700 Loop and again I believe the discussion was the 1900 Loop non Pet Loops.  It has been a few years ago since we discussed this and I was not sure of the outcome at that time but I believe that all of the 'Full Hook-Up' Loops in that area are now Pet Friendly.  Regardless of what the final decision was Jeff made the effort to find out what the Fort Wilderness guests thought before he decided what to do!  He did not have to agree or disagree with me or anyone else the choice of what to do was his to make but I really believe that he was trying to gather enough information from others before he made up his mind! 

I don't say this in a negative way but I am sure that after visiting WDW and Fort Wilderness for the last 30+ years this was the one and only time someone from Disney ask me what I thought about anything!  His efforts sure left a positive impression on me and I appreciated the interest he showed in my opinion!