Last year during all the holidays and I assume other times the locals come into the fort to use the pool and picnic areas. It got packed in the pool and guests couldn't even use the picnic area if the wanted to over the 4th of July. People came and dropped off tables, chairs, charcoal and kids then went out and parked in the overflow. I personally saw 3 car loads of people unloading at the Meadow and then in the evening go out with their tables, chairs and kids to the bus stop.  We saw them getting into cars at the overflow as that is where we were headed at the time. Other fiends complained at the front desk with no results.

It was somewhat obvious that they were sitting along the roads outside waiting for someone to come in through the gate with their card then follow them through before the gate closed.

Now my point here is, if anyone, and I know someone does, has an e-mail address to flood, please post it.

I am sorry that I write poorly and I hope I got the point across, people who were there know how bad it was and people who are going this yr for the 4th don't want to know.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In years past we would go to the Fort on the 4th just to take the hayride & see the fireworks. The last time we did that was in '09 and we will NEVER do that again. The Fort was a zoo!  We don't use the facilities when we "day trip" (not big on public pools), and we usually buy a meal at Trail's End (yeah Lone Rider!) so I don't feel guilty about our day trips.

I was concerned when the overflow parking lot was blocked off, but I didn't have any cause for concern. Disney security allows anyone into the Fort. When we go, I just show them my DL and in I go with a "Welcome Home" - with or without the golf cart in tow.  Not one guard questions if we're staying or visiting anyone.

Being local, it's nice to either take our bikes or golf cart & cruise the Fort for the day. However, we are not up to any nefarious bad doings - but the guards really don't know that. 

Doug Lord is the new GM.  Call the front desk and they should give you his "E" mail address.

His snail mail is:

Doug Lord, General Manager

Disney?s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground   

P.O. Box 10000

Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-9600

I knew you had someone to bug Dave, thank you.

Now from a reliable source comes:

The most common format for Disney CM emails is the first name with the first letter capitalized, followed by a dot, then the last name, first letter capitalized, and then @disney.com. I don't know if it's 100% company wide though.

So that would be  [email protected]

I'm sure there are CM's that use all the resort pools but, CM's have their own place to go. It's called "Mickey's Retreat" at Little Lake Bryan.  It's quite a nice facility with parks, swimming, pavillion, picnic area, boat rental, etc. I went there to check it out when I was a CM. I was impressed.

Would our resident "BUS DRIVER" know if CM's have such privileges, that they take advantage of on Holidays?  Thus the influx of "locals".

There is no such privilege. That doesn't mean that some CMs don't do it though. As Deb wrote, CMs have their own mini-resort.

On the 4th, as Deb has previously stated, the Fort is such a zoo that I just don't go near the pool.  Although, I really have not gone near the pool for quite some years without being fully clothed due to my former beached whale status. :camp1:  That being said, I agree with Bob that there has to be some kind of system to cull the onslaught of people that  come in during the holiday weekends.  We have to pay such high prices and we get bombarded by security on our carts for every little thing, but these people get to come in and use up the pool and amenities.  Like Deb, I come up for the day every now and then, but I end up paying my way.  Hell, last time I came up for the day, I spent 48 damned dollars for lunch at the Meadow's snack bar!  Those new freakin' mugs add up fast!  :purpleflam:  Anyway, we pay our way is my point.  If all these people were all paying their way, I would be most happy to shake all their hands and let them be on their way, but let's get real here folks.  You and I know they are not and that is why they are there.

I've followed a few groups from the pool to the 900 or 1500 loop just to see what is up. I overheard one group say now that we know about this place let's come over more often,

I remember when I was a kid a friend lived in an apt. complex and they had 4 safety pins with their apt. number on them. Thety weren't too big but enough for the lifeguard to see. If you didn't have it on you were out of the pool area no ?'s asked.

I know it's more work for cm's to dole out armbands but it's rediculous to see the pool so packed you can't get in it. I personally don't go to the pool much anymore because this reason plus it's so hot even at night because it's so shallow now or it's full of pee lol.

I remember 4th of July a couple years ago a group was using the pavillion next to the pool and the cm's had put a note up saying it was reserved for the crafts and not to use it. This group screamed and yelled that they had gotten up early to set up and somebody else was going to get it after the craft show. Come to find out the bastards weren't even staying there and they were told to leave. They even had the nerve to park next to the tennis courts and planned on keeping their car there.

I hate this topic!!! 

That being said, most of these folks are loud & obnoxious.  When they get this way simply call security.  Be sure you meet with security & let them know you want the people removed.  Hopefully they will do so.  If not do like us southern girls do & go to the front desk & show your a$$.  Also called a hissy fit.  If you do this right you're bound to get a manager's attention.  And don't forget to demand a refund for not being able to use the pool.  See how that works. 

Or if you want to be coy and not so loud, go to the front desk, tell them you are local & heard that swimming at the pool was allowed for a $5 fee & you're ready to pay and that it must be true because security let you in.  When they tell you locals aren't allowed at the pools, then slam them with the complaints and a good description of the people at the pool. 

Don't have Doug's email, but here is Jeff Martin's:  [email protected]

Note that his has his middle initial and an extra period.  Anybody know Doug's middle initial??

I was there last 4th and the pool area sucked. But knowing how Disney works this is not a problem to them. If you go to Disney's  Beach Club  you have to stay in that hotel and get a Wrist band to use the pool. I can tell you anyone can get a wrist band Cheryle and I used that pool all the time and never had a problem. Even charge drinks to our Fort charge so the knew we are not staying there

I personally don't have a problem with "guests" from other resorts coming over to use the pool, at least they are "guests" on the property. Like Debbie said, when she comes over she spends $$ on food and carriage rides or hayrides.  The people who I have a problem with are the ones who come and don't spend a dime at the fort, aren't staying on the property at all and set up at the picnic so real guests of the resort can't.

I heard, although I didn't personally see, that there was a AFR in the pool last year and managers were all over the pool area knowing there was a problem but did nothing about it.

I personally don't have a problem with "guests" from other resorts coming over to use the pool, at least they are "guests" on the property. Like Debbie said, when she comes over she spends $$ on food and carriage rides or hayrides.  The people who I have a problem with are the ones who come and don't spend a dime at the fort, aren't staying on the property at all and set up at the picnic so real guests of the resort can't.

I heard, although I didn't personally see, that there was a AFR in the pool last year and managers were all over the pool area knowing there was a problem but did nothing about it.

Bob i'm with you i think the pool hopping rule sucks. But I know Disney tells you No pool hopping but they don't care people are still spending money at one of thier resorts. I bet thats why they let locals in more people there the more thay will spend. Look at all the places that will give you free ticket just to get people in the door to spend more money. Disney makes more one on people with annual passes that spend money in the resorts and park than they make on the passes.

The problem with these people is they don't spend a dime. I had been talking about using the covered area by the pool for my party last year, I couldn't reserve it. It is on a first come first serve basis. If you look at the people using this area, it usually isn't resort guests. They come with there own food and drinks. Like Bob said watch them going out, or in. I like Deb go over for the day quite often, I don't use the pool when I do this and do end up spending money someplace on property. Maybe I'm not being far, but we do use the pool when we stay there and I am not happy about the people I see in it. We pay big bucks to stay there, I can go to some crappy CG to get that element of people in their pools.