• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I debated replying to this thread. Last time I commented on a topic like this I got yelled at  :argh:. But, this has been a problem for the Fort for a long time. I have seen other resorts limit access during peak times. The polynesian had wristbands to allow access to the beach during New Years Eve. The beach club has wrist bands to access the pool. The grand Floridian limits access to the guest floors to only guests or those invited. I know these are the higher end resorts, but we all spend money at Disney so we should all be afforded the same sense of security. The Fort, with or without security, is just way to accessible. Just given the size of the resort, people can come and go as they please and get away with pretty much anything. The only sure way to get Disney to listen is to 1) boycott the Fort until it is fixed or 2) bombard them with complaints. There are hundreds of fiends on here. If we each send a complaint regarding this problem, we can have our voices heard. Make it well worded and offer suggestions to correct the problem. I ussualy get a request to fill out a survey after each visit and use the opportunity to voice my complaints. I always mention the "locals" using the fort pool and beaches and I always complain about the transportation for the fort (no offense Lou, but we need more busses going to the fort).

I for one, would love to see a writsband system or at the least room key check implemented at the Fort. This would allow those who do day trips to the fort to continue but would stop the overflowing pools and hoarding of the pavilion.

:rofl2: Sorry, I couldn't resist yelling at you! ;)

Well said. I won't join you on a boycott but I will join in complaints, though I haven't been in a public pool in about 5 years. Will continue to avoid them after Bob explained what AFR meant! :argh:

and I always complain about the transportation for the fort (no offense Lou, but we need more busses going to the fort.

No offense taken. I always complain about the buses too, but my complaint is that there are too many buses there. Too many times, I can't get in there to drop off and pickup because some idiot internal driver is just sitting there holding up the buses behind him.

As for your complaint, save your breath, nothing is going to change. You'll have to accept things as they are or do as I do, DON'T USE THE BUSES if you have a vehicle.

One more point about the buses.  Every resort - EXCEPT The Fort - has transportation at those odd hours when runs are scheduled at Disney World.

I asked when I checked in; I called the night before; I called EARLY in the morning on the day I was scheduled to do the Marathon weekend 5K.  Do you thing I got the right story from any of those contacts - hell no.  :argh:  Would I have made it on time if we didn't have a car to drive over to EPCOT - hell no!  :rofl2:

I pay just like any other resort guest at Disney World - I shouldn't get sub-standard service just because I'm at The Fort.

and I always complain about the transportation for the fort (no offense Lou, but we need more busses going to the fort.

No offense taken. I always complain about the buses too, but my complaint is that there are too many buses there. Too many times, I can't get in there to drop off and pickup because some idiot internal driver is just sitting there holding up the buses behind him.

As for your complaint, save your breath, nothing is going to change. You'll have to accept things as they are or do as I do, DON'T USE THE BUSES if you have a vehicle.

The only reason I ride the busses any more is in hopes of catching a glimpse of the mythical Lou, buss driver extrordinair. I ussualy drive every where with the exception of the MK, then we take the boat.

One more point about the buses.  Every resort - EXCEPT The Fort - has transportation at those odd hours when runs are scheduled at Disney World.

I asked when I checked in; I called the night before; I called EARLY in the morning on the day I was scheduled to do the Marathon weekend 5K.  Do you thing I got the right story from any of those contacts - hell no. Would I have made it on time if we didn't have a car to drive over to EPCOT - hell no! I pay just like any other resort guest at Disney World - I shouldn't get sub-standard service just because I'm at The Fort.

I'm not sure we're talking WDW transportation in your case. Usually, if the event warrants it, special events use third party buses and not the WDW buses. I have never transported runners to a marathon starting location. Or as I like to call them, crazy people.

The only reason I ride the busses any more is in hopes of catching a glimpse of the mythical Lou, buss driver extrordinair. I ussualy drive every where with the exception of the MK, then we take the boat.

Same here. we found it quicker to drive to the parks and then right back to the site vs. taking the bus and then either transferring to the internal shuttle or getting the golf cart.  The other time we take the bus is when we are drinking oiur way around the world.  While I am not totally inebrated, I might be a little buzzed, and I am not about to ruin my vacation or someone elses vacation with poor decision making!

I asked when I checked in; I called the night before; I called EARLY in the morning on the day I was scheduled to do the Marathon weekend 5K.  Do you thing I got the right story from any of those contacts - hell no. Would I have made it on time if we didn't have a car to drive over to EPCOT - hell no! I pay just like any other resort guest at Disney World - I shouldn't get sub-standard service just because I'm at The Fort.

I'm not sure we're talking WDW transportation in your case. Usually, if the event warrants it, special events use third party buses and not the WDW buses. I have never transported runners to a marathon starting location. Or as I like to call them, crazy people.

It may be contracted, but both WDW and 3rd Party buses were delivering to EPCOT that morning (about 5am or so).  Here is a clip from the RunDisney site:

Walt Disney World? Marathon Weekend presented by CIGNA

Transportation

WALT DISNEY WORLD? Marathon Weekend Transportation has been arranged for WALT DISNEY WORLD? Resort guests. Buses will be indicated by WALT DISNEY WORLD? Marathon Weekend signs placed in the front windows and will run every 20 minutes from WALT DISNEY WORLD? Resorts to the following events:

Notice it doesn't say EXCEPT from Ft Wilderness.  We are supposed to catch 'our' bus over at Wilderness Lodge - except they don't tell you that.  Even then, every one said that the internal bus that went to Wilderness Lodge was 'supposed to be running' - but it wasn't.  That meant, drive to Wilderness Lodge to catch a bus - or just drive ourselves over.  Either choice is NOT acceptable - and conflicts with their own statement ... unless they don't consider Fort Wilderness a Disney Resort  :rollercoaster:

:siren: :siren: This is a public service announcement :siren: :siren:

This thread is concerning pool use at the Fort. I only mentioned transportation as a refernce. Please lets not derail this thread.

:siren: :siren: That is all :siren: :siren:

:siren: :siren: This is a public service announcement :siren: :siren:

This thread is concerning pool use at the Fort. I only mentioned transportation as a refernce. Please lets not derail this thread.

:siren: :siren: That is all :siren: :siren:

Thank you! :popo:

I would say send them now and again to keep it in their minds right before your next stay. With all the complaints over the GC problems they started policeing stationing CM's around the fort on busy holidays. If we and we are over 300 strong now use our voices we can make a difference, I hope.

Thank you Dave and everyone else for that matter for your support, I would never "yell" at you Dave.

Please don't poop in the pool.

As usual, I was camping at the fort over last July 4th.  And, I was at A pool, just not THAT pool.  lol  Soooo glad I used a different one and missed the AFR.  :raspberry: I believe that pool hopping is fine so long as it isn't a 'popular' pool at a 'popular' time.  As a resort guest I don't care if other resort guests use the FW pool, just like I hope they don't care if I use their pool.  DVC allows pool hopping, but it limits it during certain times (and the Beach Club pool is always off limits).  The catch is that you have to carry your ID card with you and show it to any CM that requests, and leave if they reach capacity.  If you have to show your ID card then the non-resort-not-spending-money-loud-obnoxious-pavilion hogging-locals would have to leave.  If they are the quiet-spending money-annual pass-Fort Fiend species, then they'll be allowed to stay :rofl2:

Don't have Doug's email, but here is Jeff Martin's:  [email protected]

Note that his has his middle initial and an extra period.  Anybody know Doug's middle initial??

His official title is: Manager Guest Service Operations

We were there over the 4th last year but did not use the pool that day , I think we did Typhoon Lagoon then Ca Grill for dinner & fireworks. Whe we were leaving the Fort to Typhoon Lagoon we saw a guard at the overflow lot( then you could still enter from the back gate and half the lot could be enerted before the Fort) I heard they were checking names and not letting others in that were not guests, I guess it didn't work. We  were told it was to keep from letting to many folks in to watch fireworks but I thought they were there all day. :D

Yes, they were not letting vehicles into the overflow lot on July 4th. HOWEVER, they were directing folks to park at DTD and take a bus over!!  So if the locals really wanted be at the pool, they could still do so.

This is the very reason why I AVOID the fort on holidays. Its sad because I would love to enjoy the festivities on the the 4th, Halloween, Christmas....but coming from Indiana, we always stay at least 7 days, and if were not able to get our weeks worth and $$$'s worth.....its not worth it!