Best loop for big rig (class A)

I've been mulling over posts, lists, pictures... it's still very difficult to figure out what loops are class A friendly.  Obviously it's all back-in and the ease of backing in depends upon the neighbors being parked all over the place.  Are some loops just easier to maneuver? I don't care about being close to anything. In fact I prefer a more remote place! Thanks

I would say stay away from 300 (preferred).  It's pretty tight in there.

We (40' class A) stayed in 500 (premium) last time. It was way tighter than we were expecting, but was doable.  There was a little difficulty getting in our spot (I think 521) due to a tree on one side and a fire hydrant on another and too many "helpers".

We went through all the loops looking at Christmas lights and I saw Class A's in pretty much all the premium and preferred loops.

We have only stayed there twice in ours, so it's a little different perspective driving through in a Class A and riding through loops on bikes, so maybe some other big rigs here can give some more info. I would say stick with Premium for the best maneuverability.  

If you are worried about space, book a premium site. There are sites big enough for you on any of those loops. There are also some that are shorter. Have you seen the Sites app? It gives the measurements. I use it to check the site we're assigned while I'm checking in. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2016 at 11:33 AM, Hammer bird said:

I've been mulling over posts, lists, pictures... it's still very difficult to figure out what loops are class A friendly.  Obviously it's all back-in and the ease of backing in depends upon the neighbors being parked all over the place.  Are some loops just easier to maneuver? I don't care about being close to anything. In fact I prefer a more remote place! Thanks

I'm not sure when your going, but i will be at the fort from May 10-17. Hooked up I'm about 62' long. I will let you know where we ended up and how easy it appeared for us to get in. I know you don't bend in the middle but both my truck and trailer are quite long and don't get in every spot easily. I like the remote spots also.

I can't remember if the online check in has a question about length or not. I know it has a place to put in if you have an awning and I think slide out.

If you made your reservation online it wouldn't hurt to call the main reservation # , they can add to your reservation the length of your rig as well as note a request. Then do your online check in and if you want you can also fax a site request with length of your rig, and any site or loop requests you have. That time of year may just be a get what you are given, but the more info the have the better luck you'll have of getting a site that will work best for you.

Being booked in a premium you shouldn't have any problems unless people are parked crazy.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...