New Summer promotion. Only for Value Resorts.

First off Campsites are not included. This isnt the offer you are looking for. Move along. Move Along. 

Now then this ones a little different form the normal offers.

If you have a minimum 3 night stay with a minimum 2 day Magic Your Way tickets you can get the Summer Quick Service Dining plan which is 1 Quick Service meal per night of stay per person included. 

So for example A family of 4 (2 adults and 2 kids 8 and 5 just for an example) 

Standard room at Pop Century

6/6-6/9/2016 

With 2 day tickets

Summer Quick Service dining plan (1 Quick Service Meal per night of stay per person)

Total $1278.48 (This is the same exact price for just room and tickets at Rack Rate)

If you were to get the regular Quick Service Dining plan the total would be $1496.34. Regular pricing would be $1640.34

If you were to opt for the Disney Dining plan instead the total would be $1631.28. Regular pricing for this would be $1775.28

Again this is only available at the Value Resorts. Campsites and Little Mermaid rooms are excluded. The number of rooms offered at this discount are limited. 

Very interesting.

Like Free Dining-Light for the summer.

And only for the Values?

Bookings must be down.  High prices and closed attractions will do that. 

TCD

I wonder if many people are postponing their next WDW vacation until the work at DHS is completed.  

I wonder if many people are postponing their next WDW vacation until the work at DHS is completed.  

We try to go to Disney every 3-4 years and I'm watching to see if completion dates coincide. I haven't decided if we will wait, but I can go without going to HS. I definitely wouldnt waste a ticket to go if not completed.

Best Regards,

Norm

Could be.

Or, since this offer is being floated so early, it could also be that they're just trying something new to see if it sells.  It's not really all that great a deal- one quick service meal per day.  And you have to pay rack rate and buy park hopper tickets to get the "free" meal.  It could also be a way of seeing if they can get away with slashing "free" dining benefits again.

It doesn't seem like Disney attendance is hurting.  Yet.

TCD

I stand corrected.

I thought Magic Your Way were hoppers.

Shouldn't they be called "Magic Your Way as long as Your Way Doesn't Include Hopping" tickets?

TCD

Magic Your Way tickets are what any kind of main theme park ticket is referred to when part of a package. Having the tickets in you package triggers the booklet with vouchers and discounts.

Those can be base tickets, tickets with Park Hoppers, tickets with Water Park Fun and More or tickets with both add ons.

Magic Your Way tickets are what any kind of main theme park ticket is referred to when part of a package. Having the tickets in you package triggers the booklet with vouchers and discounts.

Those can be base tickets, tickets with Park Hoppers, tickets with Water Park Fun and More or tickets with both add ons.

Is it still the case that a guest with an Annual Pass can purchase the least expensive ticket option offered, and save those tickets to be used as a credit toward an annual pass renewal?

TCD

Starwars area would be done late 2017 right? Until then the Starwars weekends are canceled right?

Avatar Land shoudl be done in 2017

It looks like 2017 before Disney springs is done

Unless the Frozen Ever After ride in Epcot opening spring 2016, I don't see what other new stuff will bring people in the parks in 2016.

I am suprised Diseny did not double down on Starwars weekends this year to help keep HS crowd levels up.

I am suprised Diseny did not double down on Starwars weekends this year to help keep HS crowd levels up.

Seriously!  With the new movie, I bet there are even more people who would have come out this year.  

It will be interesting to see what they do.

They used the Frozen Summer Fun thing to attract guests to DHS the last two years.

I don't think that will work a third time.  But, I wouldn't be surprised to see them try.

But, they will have the new Frozen ride and meet and greet to hype at Epcot, and the Rivers of Life show at AK.

Maybe they just let DHS rot this summer?  Or maybe they will continue with the Star Wars fireworks and throw in some more Star Wars stuff?  That would bring in some folks.

TCD

It will be interesting to see what they do.

They used the Frozen Summer Fun thing to attract guests to DHS the last two years.

I don't think that will work a third time. But, I wouldn't be surprised to see them try.

But, they will have the new Frozen ride and meet and greet to hype at Epcot, and the Rivers of Life show at AK.

Maybe they just let DHS rot this summer? Or maybe they will continue with the Star Wars fireworks and throw in some more Star Wars stuff? That would bring in some folks.

TCD

I think I just saw they added two new characters to meet and greet from Disney Rebels. My money is on more Star Wars all the way.

I think I just saw they added two new characters to meet and greet from Disney Rebels. My money is on more Star Wars all the way.

Kylo Ren is coming by the end of the month. Another 30 to 60 minute line to stand in.

Here's something else that to me is interesting and doesn't sound right...

They released a limited edition Kylo Ren MB on either 12/26 or 27.  They only made 2015 of them and they were split between Disneyland and HS so that means 1007 or 1008 at HS.

Now these we mac daddy ones that made sounds (only at HS) when scanned and came in a nifty box.

My daughter tried to get them on 1/2 at Wattos Grotto and they were "sold out".  I had been looking on line and they mentioned that if you asked they would bring more out... they didn't for her... and that they had some in the Darkroom near the entrance.  Well she found 2 there and bought them(1 for her and 1 for me).  I was surprised that any were still available.  Next day she bought another one and so did my granddaughter.

So yesterday we were at HS and stopped in at Watto's.  Lo and behold they still had the bands!  I asked a CM what the deal was, did they "fib" and make more than they said?  He said they still had plenty in stock and that the run was only 2015 and they were the exclusive store to purchase them.  He was shocked when I said the Darkroom had them (they still did when we walked out) and he mumbled to the girl he was going to check some sort of inventory system to get to the bottom.

So either no one knows about them, or don't realize they are a limited edition (no signs saying anything about them in the case), or Disney overpriced them.

Yup, and I know the train jumped the track, but it seems like Disney either goofed mechandising these or made a lot more than they stated.

Starwars area would be done late 2017 right? Until then the Starwars weekends are canceled right?

Avatar Land shoudl be done in 2017

It looks like 2017 before Disney springs is done

Unless the Frozen Ever After ride in Epcot opening spring 2016, I don't see what other new stuff will bring people in the parks in 2016.

I'm not in the construction field (I've seen a lot of things being built), but are Disney's attractions just way more complicated than other theme parks, are they just lacking good project management, or are they just making announcements way too early?

To me, before they announce a new ride, everything should have been planned out and behind the scenes work started. Then make the announcement, break ground for the building, tracks, whatever, while the animatronics and programming are already underway or nearly completed.  Then go balls to the wall getting the building completed.  FL has decent weather most days and nights.  It shouldn't take what 3 or 4 years to build an attraction.

Busch and SeaWorld get new coasters built in about a year from the time they announce it's coming.  Of course by then probably 90 to 100% of the track, cars, and supports have been built.  It's just a matter of getting the site prepped and everything erected.

Even Universal is getting the new King Kong done way before Avatar, and they started construction after didn't they?

I'm not in the construction field (I've seen a lot of things being built), but are Disney's attractions just way more complicated than other theme parks, are they just lacking good project management, or are they just making announcements way too early?

None of the above.

Disney intentionally stretches out the construction period, as this allows them to carry the cost of the improvements over several fiscal years.

They like it that way.

It's hard for guests to complain that Disney isn't doing anything new when there's a giant construction project that looks like it could be kind of cool sitting in a visible place in the park.  It builds the hype.

Why should they rush? They've got the competition beat, and attendance is better than ever.

Could they do things quicker?  Of course they could. If they wanted to, they could have converted Maelstrom into the new Frozen ride in a matter of weeks.  But they don't want to do that.  What's the rush?  Chumps keep paying money to visit parks that have a lot of empty buildings.  Why should they be in any rush to fill them?

TCD

None of the above.

Disney intentionally stretches out the construction period, as this allows them to carry the cost of the improvements over several fiscal years.

They like it that way.

It's hard for guests to complain that Disney isn't doing anything new when there's a giant construction project that looks like it could be kind of cool sitting in a visible place in the park.  It builds the hype.

Why should they rush? They've got the competition beat, and attendance is better than ever.

Could they do things quicker?  Of course they could. If they wanted to, they could have converted Maelstrom into the new Frozen ride in a matter of weeks.  But they don't want to do that.  What's the rush?  Chumps keep paying money to visit parks that have a lot of empty buildings.  Why should they be in any rush to fill them?

TCD

Like I said in another post, the AP people are abandoning ship because there is nothing new. Just into our first renewal, and already everything seems stale to me.  You can do the great movie ride just so many times, same with small world, etc.

But I guess there is a steady stream of fresh meat arriving everyday to fill in the gaps of the lost AP guests.

They released a limited edition Kylo Ren MB on either 12/26 or 27.  They only made 2015 of them and they were split between Disneyland and HS so that means 1007 or 1008 at HS.

Somebody sold you a load of baloney.

They don't sell MB's in Disneyland. They don't use them for anything there.

One of the first "limited edition" MB's were the Frozen ones they sold in the Wandering Oaken's Trading Post in DHS the first time they did Frozen Summer Fun.  Twin #2 worked there, and when there stock got low, it was always replenished.  They said it was a limited edition, but they never said how many there would be.  The limit apparently is reached when people stop buying them.

TCD

Somebody sold you a load of baloney.

They don't sell MB's in Disneyland. They don't use them for anything there.

One of the first "limited edition" MB's were the Frozen ones they sold in the Wandering Oaken's Trading Post in DHS the first time they did Frozen Summer Fun.  Twin #2 worked there, and when there stock got low, it was always replenished.  They said it was a limited edition, but they never said how many there would be.  The limit apparently is reached when people stop buying them.

TCD

Limited Edition Kylo Ren MagicBand now at Watto’s Grotto in Hollywood Studios December 26, 2015 | Filed under: MagicBands, Themed and tagged with: 2015, Kylo Ren, limited edition, star wars, The Force Awakens

A new Limited Edition MagicBand of Kylo Ren has been released in Watto’s Grotto at Hollywood Studios. There are only 2015 of these, and I’m sure they make lights and sounds at FastPass+ and entry touch points in Hollywood Studios. With there only being 2015 of these made, they should be bought up pretty quickly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I had read in another blog (of course I can't find it) that they were also going to be at a Star Wars store at Disney Land.  Maybe they were mistaken.

But you would think by now that the 2015 of them would have been sold.