Loop/Site Advice for Mom of 3 Toddlers

Hi all,

I have browsed the threads and read a lot of similar posts, but none with my exact situation. I would appreciate any help given. We will be arriving at the end of next week for a 4 day stay. We will be having a 40ft travel trailer (3 slideouts) delivered and will be driving our extended cab SUV. We will also be renting a golf cart. We have 3 toddlers ages 2-3. They are not swimmers, so we do not want to be on the water and also do not want to back up right onto the main road. Proximity to pools, comfort stations, etc are not important. Would love a nice wooded loop/site that is pretty quiet. We will be travelling with another family member, who we will either want in a site next to or across from us. Just from looking, 843, 846, and 849 look pretty nice. Am open to any loops...

Thanks!

Welcome!

If you haven't already, this page has links to maps, videos, Google Earth and mobile apps providing detailed information on Fort Wilderness camping loops, site classifications and site sizes and specs. Just scroll past the article listing to get to the good stuff...

If you are traveling with another person be sure to link your reservations to make it easier to try and get sites close together. I would also have each of you fill out the site request fax from this site telling them of your linked reservations and request to be close together. There are no guarantees but I have found the Fort does a pretty good job of meeting requests when they can.

Helmsey... Yes, we reserved a premium campsite.

Brady... Thank you for the info. I have watched a bunch of the loop videos and have downloaded the app!

Keith... I have called in to request that our reservations be linked. We were given a traveling with indicator number. I will likely also fax in the request, once we figure out which loop we would like to be in. By the way... is it better to be across from the other party we are traveling with or next to them? I am thinking if they are across, there would be better visibility from one site to the other. 

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

We just got back from the fort and we were in 1721.  It was a good site, easy for me to put our 34 for mh in and nice and quite with little traffic.  What we found out is that everything at the fort is within walking distance so with a cart it should not be a problem.  We traveled with our 4 kids ages 8, 5, 2 and 1.