Lets play fill in the blank - Camping at Fort Wilderness is as good as . . .

wonderful as watching your child take his/her first steps.

I actually got to see my little grandson take his first steps yesterday!  They were visiting and my daughter had just walked out of the room.  My son-in-law was holding my grandson's hands and he was facing me.  I called his name, and he took a few steps still holding hands and then he let go and took two steps to me!  I was so excited!!!  The bad part was that my daughter missed seeing it.  I ran to get her, but of course, the little stinker refused to do it again!  I feel bad for her because she always seem to miss the "firsts."  :rofl2:

Warm apple pie. Ok that maybe teetering in the grey area.

No grey area, apple pie wins. Well, at least in my situation.

I can go to the Fort any day of the week, but warm apple pie, now that's a treat.

Lou, I am going to try to get my feeble, old, forgetful mind to remember to bring you an apple pie when we come for our next visit at the Fort. My son makes the "Better Than Sex Apple Pie," which my mama says is "good, but not better than sex!" :rofl2: Seriously, it is fabulous!

Lou, I am going to try to get my feeble, old, forgetful mind to remember to bring you an apple pie when we come for our next visit at the Fort. My son makes the "Better Than Sex Apple Pie," which my mama says is "good, but not better than sex!" :banana: Seriously, it is fabulous!

Oh boy, can't wait.

I'm not kidding, but every once in a while I actually crave apple pie or apple turnovers.

I had asked a certain donut professional that for some reason which I will never understand is not on this board, to bring me some apple filled donuts when he came to the Fort, but I guess that's not going to happen now.

Oh, and keep the Runner away from my pie on the trip down.

Many people will find this hard to understand, but I'm not fond of apple pie.  Actually, there are very few fruits that I like after they have been cooked!  Pick them ripe off the tree or bush, and I can eat them faster than you can pick them - make a pie or cobbler, and I hope you're hungry ... because it's garbage now as far as my tastes go.

Many people will find this hard to understand, but I'm not fond of apple pie.  Actually, there are very few fruits that I like after they have been cooked!  Pick them ripe off the tree or bush, and I can eat them faster than you can pick them - make a pie or cobbler, and I hope you're hungry ... because it's garbage now as far as my tastes go.

Thats is the sadest thing I have heard in the last 20 minutes.  I think you just havent had the right Apple Pie.