WDW selling phone chargers now because lawdy do you need them

Interesting product.  I notice the website says "for little or no charge" in at least two places but free in others. I could definitely see there being a dollar or two cost to swap eventually. My question is: has anyone tried this specific product and did it work well? I've gotten my boys a couple of different relativley cheap portable chargers for their camping trips and they've stopped working, won't hold a charge after a couple of uses. I guess with the swap that wouldn't matter as much but I'd want to be able to recharge it when I wasn't near a place to swap.

• 2 weeks later...

I just found a need for this stupid service.  My son.

Even though I am going to have chargers with me, it will not be enough for this Pokemon app thing that is now consumed his mind and super geek's mind.  So, Disney, take my money.

It's like they knew....lol

It's bad enough that adults and teens are wandering around the properties with their noses stuck in their phones, but it really sickens me to see toddlers and young kids with phones in their hands/strollers at the parks staring at a game or show instead of enjoying the park itself.

And I've bumped into more than one mesmerized adult or teen staring at their screens.  I don't get out of their way anymore, but I make sure my granddaughter and myself are protected.  Elbows sticking out help a lot, or shoulders.

• 1 month later...

Maybe I'm behind on this thread, but I've seen on other sites that people we buying these at airports, Amazon, etc. for less $ and were going to swap them at Disney.

Has anyone been able to verify if those rods can be swapped?  I saw a machine Saturday at the Big Top Shop, and it scans a bar code on the rod, and it has a return slot for rejected rods.  

So do the Disney ones have a unique bar code, or does it just need to see a mfg. bar code to verify you aren't trying to swap a wooden dowel or a Lincoln Log for a fresh fuel rod?