Your favorite WDW area grocery stores?

4 hours ago, ftwildernessguy said:

I make a habit of notifying my credit card companies of where and when I will be traveling to an area, including where I will be making an overnight stop.

I did that, but I guess that it hadn't gone through since I traveled over the July 4 holiday weekend. 

48 minutes ago, CeciliaKy said:

I did that, but I guess that it hadn't gone through since I traveled over the July 4 holiday weekend. 

The bank I work for recommends a 3-4 business day notice.  All financial institutions have different parameters though.

3 hours ago, keith_h said:

We stopped in a Goodings somewhere near WDW and it was one of the dumpiest grocery stores I had been inside in a long time. You would think with their higher prices they would clean the floors and windows occasionally.

There is one on International Drive, and the other one I know of is in that plaza across 535 from the entrance to Hotel Blvd.

5 hours ago, keith_h said:

We stopped in a Goodings somewhere near WDW and it was one of the dumpiest grocery stores I had been inside in a long time. You would think with their higher prices they would clean the floors and windows occasionally.

Sounds like the one at Crossroads. Not only were the prices outrageous, the selection of stuff was lame (and weird) and I've seen better produce on the ground after the local farm clears the fields.

Goodings is there to rip off the tourists.  If you go to a Publix you will see why its rated one of the best grocery stores in the country.  I tried to use my gps to find the Publix at Windemere and had a hard time.  I will stick with the Publix in Celebration even though its 5 miles from the fort.

On 7/12/2016 at 9:16 PM, bhall said:

The bank I work for recommends a 3-4 business day notice.  All financial institutions have different parameters though.

and it's sound advice. if you remember. calling on the last day of the month (Friday) before a long holiday weekend might not have been the best time. ;) 

that Publix is the only place I had trouble with my card, which is interesting. the cashier said that store is a massive fraud target ... so, in the end, lesson learned & I'm glad the parameters are in place. 

On 7/14/2016 at 9:55 PM, DinDavie said:

I tried to use my gps to find the Publix at Windemere and had a hard time.  I will stick with the Publix in Celebration even though its 5 miles from the fort.

The one "in" Windemere is hard to find, but the one on 535 in Lake Side Plaza is easy. It also has a Windemere mailing address however. 

I go to the Winn Dixie with the ABC in front as I like the back roads. But normally we always make a trip to the Super Target as well. Just drive to Animal Kingdom Lodge, turn left at light right before the AKL entrance and then right on I Drive. Its up on the left. Easy to drive to and a GREAT store with a disney store in front for cheap things for the kids. Normally always go there at least once per trip. 

Also if for some reason I need to stop at the Publix, I hit the one at Reunion as I driving from Plant City. But I normally start packing the RV weeks before with Publix bogos so if I have to run home and then back like I did last week long trip because I had to pick up an extra truck for the tow home, I did stop at the Reunion Publix for a bottle of wine, Publix Sub and beer for the hubby . Busy area, but there is plenty of room in the parking lot to park far with an RV is needed. So if you coming in from I4, I highly recommend that one.

20 minutes ago, Mich1073 said:

I go to the Winn Dixie with the ABC in front as I like the back roads. But normally we always make a trip to the Super Target as well. Just drive to Animal Kingdom Lodge, turn left at light right before the AKL entrance and then right on I Drive. Its up on the left. Easy to drive to and a GREAT store with a disney store in front for cheap things for the kids. Normally always go there at least once per trip. 

Also if for some reason I need to stop at the Publix, I hit the one at Reunion as I driving from Plant City. But I normally start packing the RV weeks before with Publix bogos so if I have to run home and then back like I did last week long trip because I had to pick up an extra truck for the tow home, I did stop at the Reunion Publix for a bottle of wine, Publix Sub and beer for the hubby . Busy area, but there is plenty of room in the parking lot to park far with an RV is needed. So if you coming in from I4, I highly recommend that one.

From your directions, I think you mean the Target on Rt 192 (Irlo Bronson Highway), not I-Drive.  :)