I have been hanging out here, soaking up as much info as I can, and have enjoyed my time spent here. Me and my family will be going to the Fort for the first time at the beginning of September. I have a couple of questions.

What are the fun fort things, that I shouldn't miss out on? I think I read on here one time, but I can't seem to find it. Where is the best place on property to get a Dole whip? I am sure I will have more questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome Lurker! B)

Best place for Dole Whip is at the Polynesian.

Things to do.

Relax

Ride bikes

Take the evening wagon ride nominal extra charge

Campfire sing along and movies

Take a walk to Wilderness Lodge

Swim

Little kids, the pony ride extra charge

Eat

Drink

Relax

Drink some more

If you can, book the Hoop de Do Revue show.

Hotel hop

Welcome!

Where are you from?

What are the demographics of your party? Do you have kids, teens, all adults?  That would impact what I'd recommend for y'all to do.

The only obvious omissions I see on Travisma's list are watching the Electric Water Pageant  (9:45 every night) and Magic Kingdom fireworks (time varies)  from the Fort Wilderness Beach.

TCD

Baby girl(DD?), we are going for her 3rd birthday. Me and the wife(DW?) We are from Mobile, AL, to reference an old TCD trip report. Home of the Azalea Trail Maids.

We will arrive on Sep 12. That Monday is my hangout at the fort and soak it all in day, and we will checkout Fri.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, natebrr said:

Baby girl(DD?), we are going for her 3rd birthday. Me and the wife(DW?) We are from Mobile, AL, to reference an old TCD trip report. Home of the Azalea Trail Maids.

We will arrive on Sep 12. That Monday is my hangout at the fort and soak it all in day, and we will checkout Fri.

Very cool- I like the Azalea Trail Maids!

With a 3 year old, you will definitely want to head down to the TCD barn at the Settlement for pony rides and to see the horses, ponies and calliope.  I also recommend visiting the playground at the Settlement, and the splash area at the Meadow swimming pool.  And don't miss Chip and Dale at the campfire every night.

TCD

32 minutes ago, momof3kids-Yvonne said:

Welcome!

If you ever want to venture up to North Alabama/Nashville, TN area keep an eye on the Grand Gatherings section for the GGs we have up in that area. Our next one is Defeated Creek in September,  but that might not work out with your trip already planned. 

As soon as we get our own camper I will definitely keep an eye on that. We are renting a camper for the fort, and I plan to buy us a camper next year