11 hours ago, NYGoofy said:

We'll be renting a travel trailer again for our upcoming trip to the Fort.

Does anyone know if Disney has been enforcing that rule concerning rental companies not being able to set up the site without the guest being present?

What has the company you're renting from told you?

I know of at least one company that went out of business because of this new policy, and I would imagine that the companies that are paying the required kick-backs to Disney for the privilege of being on the preferred list keep a close eye on these things.

They certainly came down hard enough on the outside golf cart vendors to make me believe that they are serious about not letting RV rental companies that aren't on their preferred list set up before guests get there.

TCD

I know when we were down last week that an outside company set one up in the site beside of us the day before someone came in. I don't recall the vendor but I do recall that there were rental labels on the tongue of the trailer and he had some small advertisements on the side of the truck he hauled it in with. Wish I would have paid more attention to what company it was now to see if they were a preferred vendor.

Thanks everyone.

At first the vendor told us Disney would not allow him to set up without us there, and we'd have to make arrangements with him for set up.

More recently, we heard he would not do business in the Fort after 2017.

He's sort have backed off of that since then

I called the Fort and asked. The cast member hadn't heard of the new rule.

I guess I'll find out when I get there.

I was just wondering if Disney had started to implement the new policy, or if it was just chatter.

Thanks again !

They definitely implemented the policy, and there are three "official vendors" listed on the Disney site:

RV Rentals

Surround yourself in the beauty of nature while still enjoying the comforts of home—courtesy of an Read More

Surround yourself in the beauty of nature while still enjoying the comforts of home—courtesy of an RV rental!

Before and after a day of play at one of our magical destinations, you and your family can rest and relax inside your very own RV! Featuring some of the same amenities as our Resort hotels, RVs provide a perfect middle ground for those who simply can’t decide between a campsite or cabin.

Best of all, you can even have an RV delivered right to Walt Disney World Resort—meaning you can get your “outdoor” adventure started the second you arrive, without dealing with any additional hassles!

For more information on RV rentals, be sure to contact the following official vendors:

Luxurious RV Rentals LLC – (800) 561-8538

Meacham’s RV Rental – (941) 224-4939

Moore Camping Rental – (352) 442-6365

Please note: Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/campsites-at-fort-wilderness-resort/services-amenities/

What was previously reported here is that only the official vendors are allowed to set up in the guest's absence. But, like with a lot of things at Fort Wilderness- the big question is whether or not they enforce their rules.  What most of us have observed is where a rule has some financial benefit to Disney, it is more likely to be enforced.  Since these official vendors pay Disney for the right to be official vendors, my guess is that Disney has and will rigidly enforce the new rules against unofficial vendors.

TCD

1 hour ago, NYGoofy said:

Thanks everyone.

At first the vendor told us Disney would not allow him to set up without us there, and we'd have to make arrangements with him for set up.

More recently, we heard he would not do business in the Fort after 2017.

He's sort have backed off of that since then

I called the Fort and asked. The cast member hadn't heard of the new rule.

I guess I'll find out when I get there.

I was just wondering if Disney had started to implement the new policy, or if it was just chatter.

Thanks again !

The problem is even if you called a number that previously went directly to the Fort all the resort lines have now been routed to call centers. You may have gotten someone who had never even seen the Fort in person or has any clue on the policies involving this.