We will be arriving next weekend.  My father in law has a scooter but is able to walk,  just not long distances and for a whole day in the park.  We did not request a handicap accessible cabin because we did not want to take it away from someone who truly needs it and is not able to get off the scooter and walk up to the door.  Has anyone left the scooter outside and if so,  did you bring an extension cord to charge it?  We also don't want scooter in the room because we have 3 young toddlers that will climb all over it. We are staying in bedroom with the little kids and my in laws will be out with the pull out bed.

While not in a cabin, we do have a very small travel trailer and bring our own ECV. We use a large grill cover to cover the scooter while it sits outside. Yes, bring a heavy duty extension cord. Plug that into the receptacle on the outside of the cabin, then have the charger itself on the foot plate of the ECV under the cover also.

The cabins have an electric outlet on the front at ground level (not up on the porch).  It's there for golf carts, but you could plug the scooter in there with no need to mess with an extension cord. I second Carol's suggestion about covering the scooter, as it's been raining a lot lately. I think you could use a poncho (or two) rather than mess with a grill cover.

TCD

2 minutes ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

Doesn't the battery lift off?  The two we have, you can remove the batteries and take inside to charge.

Some models have a "battery pack" that is removable for charging remotely, some, the charging is integrated into the unit itself. The two scooters we have owned have not have removable battery packs. They had to be in the scooter to charge.

2 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

The cabins have an electric outlet on the front at ground level.  It's there for golf carts, but you could plug the scooter in there with no need to mess with an extension cord. I second Carol's suggestion about covering the scooter, as it's been raining a lot lately. I think you could use a poncho (or two) rather than mess with a grill cover.

TCD

Ponchos can blow off,rip etc. (I know). A large gas grill cover is the perfect shape to fit over an ECV and provides coverage all the way to the ground even in really nasty weather. For leaving outside overnight, I wouldn't rely on ponchos.

The reason I recommend an extension cord is the charging cord on ECVs is not very long. With a heavy extension cord, you can leave the entire charger including it's cord underneath the cover, and the only thing sticking out from under the cover is the extension cord. The chargers are not waterproof. (I know this too. Had to scramble to replace one in Orlando).

We do the Same as Carol, we leave it out under our awning and have a cover or a tarp that we keep it cover with when not using it. Have never had any problems with it being messed with or anything, we do remover the "key" anytime we leave it even in the parks unless we are leaving it with a CM who will be moving it. Also recommend carrying the charger with you just in case you need it in the parks.

You'll have to use the large cruisers MK boats when going to the MK as they do not allow scooters on the resort launches.

Enjoy your stay!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk