We checked in to the Fort on Wednesday. I had done the online check in and faxed a site request.  I gave them a check in time of 1PM, but I arrived about 12:45. I received both an email and a text at 12:41 telling me my site number (one of the sites that I requested) and that I could go directly to my room if I had my Magic Band. Since I was driving and couldn't check my phone, I went through the check in lane. It wasn't a big deal because I was the only one checking in at that time and it went very smoothly. 

14 hours ago, ceemike...Mike & Judy said:

We checked in to the Fort on Wednesday. I had done the online check in and faxed a site request.  I gave them a check in time of 1PM, but I arrived about 12:45. I received both an email and a text at 12:41 telling me my site number (one of the sites that I requested) and that I could go directly to my room if I had my Magic Band. Since I was driving and couldn't check my phone, I went through the check in lane. It wasn't a big deal because I was the only one checking in at that time and it went very smoothly. 

Good to know - thanks!

We actually moved our check-in day for our upcoming trip from Friday to Thursday, since it's Christmas weekend and we figured check-in would be a zoo that Friday.  I'm hoping we guessed right and that it also ups our odds of getting one of the sites we'll request.

On 10/28/2016 at 7:31 AM, mouseketab.....Carol said:

Well my hopes were dashed.... I got a text early yesterday morning that my room was not quite ready yet, but never got another text. We did have to go to the front desk. Fortunately it was actually pretty quick. They scanned my Magic Band, gave me a couple of sheets of paper, and told us our room number. We didn't have to sign anything, or wait on anything to print out, or get a long spiel.

When we moved from Beach Club to Poly last week we never got the Poly room text.  We'd left our bags with bell services and checked in, then went to lunch and poked around a bit.  When we came back to the concierge desk to ask a question a little later, they told us our room was ready -- never got the text.