16 minutes ago, djsamuel said:

Yes I did make a request and we did get it. I was very surpised given the turmoil from the storm.

Sorry for all the questions- but I want to try this if it works.

Did you make your site request when you did on-line check in, or by some other method?

When you got to the Fort, did you use the returning guest lane and open the gate with your MagicBand, or did you go through the lane with the guard?

TCD

18 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Sorry for all the questions- but I want to try this if it works.

Did you make your site request when you did on-line check in, or by some other method?

When you got to the Fort, did you use the returning guest lane and open the gate with your MagicBand, or did you go through the lane with the guard?

TCD

I faxed a site.request in. The text says to use.your magic band, but we stopped at the guard shack since there was no line, to ask what we needed to do. He said just go straight to the site.

7 minutes ago, djsamuel said:

I faxed a site.request in. The text says to use.your magic band, but we stopped at the guard shack since there was no line, to ask what we needed to do. He said just go straight to the site.

Thanks.

I would love it if this was done consistently.  I gave up on online check in a while back, but I'll give it a try again next time.  It would be awesome to be able to bypass check-in.

Shoot- I have one more question- what time of day did you get the text?

TCD

I've heard the hotels do this quite regularly. I'm really looking forward to it at our All-Stars stay in a couple of weeks. We are getting in really late and it will be so nice to go straight to our room. Even for the simplest check-ins, the value resorts seem to take FOREVER!!

That would be nice to be able to skip th check in lanes. I wonder if this will ever work for people traveling with pets, having to sign the pet for each time you check in and all.

This may be wishful thinking on my part, but was your check in package with all the time tables and such at your site when you arrived, how about parking passes (if they are still using them)?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

That would be nice to be able to skip th check in lanes. I wonder if this will ever work for people traveling with pets, having to sign the pet for each time you check in and all.

This may be wishful thinking on my part, but was your check in package with all the time tables and such at your site when you arrived, how about parking passes (if they are still using them)?

We went back to the Outpost to get a package.  We had no pets, and indicated so during the early check in. That's a good question. 

8 hours ago, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

We went back to the Outpost to get a package.  We had no pets, and indicated so during the early check in. That's a good question. 

I have always done on line check-in and only 1 time out of 10+ trips did i get a text message saying my room was ready( it was at the all star resort)  but i have used it at wilderness lodge, PORS, and Coronado springs 

were going to the fort on Friday, and i have received 3 emails this past week about my online check in and telling me to make sure everything is correct so they and expedite my check in process
I plan on getting there by 1 pm so we shall see how it goes

2 hours ago, swimmarz said:

I have always done on line check-in and only 1 time out of 10+ trips did i get a text message saying my room was ready( it was at the all star resort)  but i have used it at wilderness lodge, PORS, and Coronado springs 

were going to the fort on Friday, and i have received 3 emails this past week about my online check in and telling me to make sure everything is correct so they and expedite my check in process
I plan on getting there by 1 pm so we shall see how it goes

I've gotten the same 3 emails about our online checkin to All-Stars. I'm really hoping we get a text while we're on the road on Thursday, so we can go straight to our room when we arrive.

I've been visiting the website for a while but just recently joined.

We checked in yesterday at the Fort. Sent a fax last week requesting 1200 loop - Fax works.

Arrived at 10:30 and site wasn't ready but to be expected - the Fort was almost 100% capacity. We have a cat and we were offered 400 loop right away but I asked to stay in 1200 and she said OK since it was an indoor cat. Went to overflow parking and it was packed - lots of small trailers I assume were for golf carts. Got a text at 11:40 with our site number - texting worked for us.

We came for the Food and Wine Festival at Epcot - the place was packed yesterday and the lines for most of the Kiosks were really long. Going back today.

Been years since we were here during Halloween and lots of really exotic Halloween displays in 1200 loop. For the car buffs - somebody has a Ford GT parked next to their coach - can't tell I it's a real Ford GT40 from the '60s, a kit car, or a Ford GT from 2005/2006 - gotta get a closer look today.

Will try to get to 2100 loop to see if I can get pics of empty sites.

4 hours ago, CastleVista said:

I've been visiting the website for a while but just recently joined.

We checked in yesterday at the Fort. Sent a fax last week requesting 1200 loop - Fax works.

Arrived at 10:30 and site wasn't ready but to be expected - the Fort was almost 100% capacity. We have a cat and we were offered 400 loop right away but I asked to stay in 1200 and she said OK since it was an indoor cat. Went to overflow parking and it was packed - lots of small trailers I assume were for golf carts. Got a text at 11:40 with our site number - texting worked for us.

We came for the Food and Wine Festival at Epcot - the place was packed yesterday and the lines for most of the Kiosks were really long. Going back today.

Been years since we were here during Halloween and lots of really exotic Halloween displays in 1200 loop. For the car buffs - somebody has a Ford GT parked next to their coach - can't tell I it's a real Ford GT40 from the '60s, a kit car, or a Ford GT from 2005/2006 - gotta get a closer look today.

Will try to get to 2100 loop to see if I can get pics of empty sites.

You should have been there during hurricane Matthew the place was empty. There were no lines for food at epcot. Of course there were no trash cans either guess they were put up for the storm.

My last 3 trips to WDW we've done the online check in and usually as we get off the plane or are in line for the magic express bus we've gotten a text with our room number.  It's been great since we go drop our carry on bags and head into the park.

Several friends have stayed at the fort recently and all of them has used online check-in and said its worked great as long as you arrive after noon... 

On 10/23/2016 at 7:48 AM, mouseketab.....Carol said:

I've gotten the same 3 emails about our online checkin to All-Stars. I'm really hoping we get a text while we're on the road on Thursday, so we can go straight to our room when we arrive.

Well my hopes were dashed.... I got a text early yesterday morning that my room was not quite ready yet, but never got another text. We did have to go to the front desk. Fortunately it was actually pretty quick. They scanned my Magic Band, gave me a couple of sheets of paper, and told us our room number. We didn't have to sign anything, or wait on anything to print out, or get a long spiel.

I have done this as well.  When I did on line check in I did the loop request.  Then I sent a fax to request a site.  I gave them about 10 sites that I liked in the loop and I got one of them.  When we arrived at The Fort, we went through the lane with the Magic Bands.  Hope this helps.

19 minutes ago, disneylitch......Debbie said:

I have done this as well.  When I did on line check in I did the loop request.  Then I sent a fax to request a site.  I gave them about 10 sites that I liked in the loop and I got one of them.  When we arrived at The Fort, we went through the lane with the Magic Bands.  Hope this helps.

Did you get your site number texted to you before you went through the lane with your Magic Bands?

TCD