‘Once Upon A Time’ Projection Show Starts Nov 4

I was at the Poly last weekend and up before daylight (4am-ish) and saw them testing a projection show on the castle.  I couldn't see details from that distance, but now I'm thinking this is the show they were testing.

From the Disney Parks Blog...

‘Once Upon A Time’ Projection Show Begins November 4

Jennifer Fickley-Baker

by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Editorial Content Manager, Walt Disney World Resort

Today we’re happy to announce that a new nighttime projection show, “Once Upon a Time,” will debut at Magic Kingdom Park on November 4.

In this new show, Mrs. Potts from “Beauty and the Beast” shares bedtime stories with Chip, taking them (and all of us) on a magical trip through the most adventurous scenes from favorite Disney films like “Cinderella,” “Peter Pan,” “Alice in Wonderland” and “The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.”

Scenes that are expected to be guest-favorites include a flight with Peter Pan from London to Never Land, the Mad Hatter’s whimsical tea party, and a daring duel between Gaston and Beast. Mrs. Potts and Chip end their bedtime story with a grand finale that includes appearances by characters from even more Disney films.

‘Once Upon A Time: Where Stories Take You Anywhere’ ‘Once Upon A Time: Where Stories Take You Anywhere’ ‘Once Upon A Time: Where Stories Take You Anywhere’

The show, which was inspired by one of a similar name at Tokyo Disneyland Park, uses projection mapping technology to cover every nook and cranny of Cinderella Castle in vibrant images that appear almost three-dimensional.

“Once Upon A Time” will replace the current “Celebrate the Magic” projection show, which will end its run on November 3. Check your My Disney Experience app for times and more information.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2016/10/once-upon-a-time-projection-show-begins-november-4/

55 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

You probably did see them testing it.  One of my DD's heard about this through the CM grapevine- there was testing going on several nights earlier this month.

I have to ask-you said you were up at 4 am to see this- were you going to bed or getting up then?

TCD

A FB page posted a letter that was given out to lakeside resorts stating there were going to be loud noises overnight on 10/21 and some other nights coming from the MK.

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

You probably did see them testing it.  One of my DD's heard about this through the CM grapevine- there was testing going on several nights earlier this month.

I have to ask-you said you were up at 4 am to see this- were you going to bed or getting up then?

TCD

We were catching an early flight home. 

Although in general - this trip with my brother's family (incl. 7yo nephew) was VERY different than our adults-only trips.  We were up early pretty much every day.  Our "sleeping in" day was a whopping 9am. 

We stayed most of the week at the Poly, which was generally awesome, and also meant I went from watching fireworks on the balcony to sound asleep in 5 minutes.  LOL

5 minutes ago, Travisma said:

A FB page posted a letter that was given out to lakeside resorts stating there were going to be loud noises overnight on 10/21 and some other nights coming from the MK.

We got that notice too.  My SIL said she may have heard them, but I was apparently snoring too loudly.  ;)

1 minute ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

We stayed most of the week at the Poly, which was generally awesome, and also meant I went from watching fireworks on the balcony to sound asleep in 5 minutes.  LOL

This was the view from our balcony. I threatened to squat there and make Disney forcibly remove me.  ;)

14721487_10211412760821887_1948590690332

22 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Gosh, that view would have been so much nicer without those bungalows!

Cool photo!

TCD

Indeed, although it wasn't half bad with them there. 

Gotta say I was super excited when my SIL told me she'd found availability at the Poly for most of our week.  I sat out on the deck with my coffee most mornings and watched fireworks before bed at least 4 times.  Someday when I'm rich and famous, I'm moving back into that room permanently.  ;)

More from Disney Parks Blog...

This Week in Disney Parks Photos: Our First Look At ‘Once Upon A Time’

Jennifer Fickley-Baker

by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Editorial Content Manager, Walt Disney World Resort

Earlier this week, we shared the news that Magic Kingdom Park will debut “Once Upon A Time,” a new castle projection show on November 4!

Our First Look At ‘Once Upon A Time’ Our First Look At ‘Once Upon A Time’

The visuals we had to share were so amazing, they had to be the topic of this week’s “Week in Disney Parks Photos.”

The show, which was inspired by a similar one at Tokyo Disneyland Park, follows Mrs. Potts as she tells young Chip a lovely Disney bedtime story. We get to follow along as she takes Chip (and the rest of us) on a journey through some of the most magical and colorful moments in “Peter Pan,” “Alice in Wonderland,” “Beauty and the Beast,” and other Disney favorites.

The show is just a few days away from making its grand debut. For vacation planning information, visit the My Disney Experience app for the latest.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2016/10/this-week-in-disney-parks-photos-our-first-look-at-once-upon-a-time/