I'm tired of marshmallows, hot dogs, and hamburgers. What's in the Crock Pot?

Green Rice!

Ingredients:

4    cups cooked rice

2      cups mild cheddar cheese

2      cups sharp cheddar cheese

1    can evaporated milk

1/2  cup veg. oil

2    cups milk

3    eggs

1/2  cup onions (diced)

1      package frozen chopped spinach (drained VERY well)

1      tsp. pepper

2      tsp. salt

Directions:

Drain spinach VERY WELL!

mix all ingredients in large crock pot

cook on high for min. of two hours

continue cooking on med. for another two hours until ready to eat

stir occasionally during the process

ENJOY!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hubby just yelled (Greens) LOL

Collard, Mustard, or Turnip? drool.gif

Just make sure theres corn bread to sop up the pot liquor!

Ok this another thing I have never had. what's it like :)

You jest?  Right?

Hhhhhhooooowwww can you have lived without Greens? 

Hell I am modern, I'll throw kale into the options too.

DOODLE, tsk tsk tsk.

Tell your family to take you to Sticky Fingers or better yet smokey Bones next time. In fact, I have a gallon bag in the freezer from our garden. If our schedules work out, you are coming over for fried chops and green tomatoes, collards and ccornbread.  :)

Hubby just yelled (Greens) LOL

Collard, Mustard, or Turnip? drool.gif

Just make sure theres corn bread to sop up the pot liquor!

Ok this another thing I have never had. what's it like :)

You jest?  Right?

Hhhhhhooooowwww can you have lived without Greens? 

Hell I am modern, I'll throw kale into the options too.

DOODLE, tsk tsk tsk.

Tell your family to take you to Sticky Fingers or better yet smokey Bones next time. In fact, I have a gallon bag in the freezer from our garden. If our schedules work out, you are coming over for fried chops and green tomatoes, collards and ccornbread.  :)

Genia, I live in Michigan. I know nothing of these greens you speak of :)

Greens are an aquired taste. I've had good ones, and not so good ones, depends on how they are flavored. Consistency kind of like spinach, which is not my thing. I don't care for anything my mouth doesn't know what to do with (bananas, pudding, jello) I want to bite it, or swallow it (REFRAIN :)) not just smush it around.

Greens are an aquired taste. I've had good ones, and not so good ones, depends on how they are flavored. Consistency kind of like spinach, which is not my thing. I don't care for anything my mouth doesn't know what to do with (bananas, pudding, jello) I want to bite it, or swallow it (REFRAIN :)) not just smush it around.

Boy, did you leave the door WIDE open or what!

okay, I'll pass. I have problems with textures too :)

I SHALL REMAIN Soulless :)

Have you ever had blackeyed peas. The food not the music group?  You know that is an actual pea/legume right? :)

I ask b/c in the late 80s while visiting a cousin in Topeka, Kansas they were in the gormet section. Since they are a staple in the south it was jaw dropping.

I guess greens are to southerners as cheese curds/brats are to my WI friends.

Made a big batch of BBQ beef for Sunday.

Cut up some smoked brisket I had put back in the freezer, added a big package of beef tips, added water, salt & pepper, then let cook for 12 hours until it would fall apart. Removed as much of the broth as possible, added BBQ sauce & a little Worchester sauce, then stirred with a big spoon. The meat fell apart as it was stirred & then it is ready to serve.  :))

Black eye peas are ok, but I LOVE those little white acre peas with little okra pods cooked on top or purple hull peas with butter beans! Doodle, hang with us we'll get you fed up right! I love greens and cornbread. I liked mine mixed usually collards and turnips. Mama makes turnips with cornmeal dumplings...YUMMY!

Black eye peas are ok, but I LOVE those little white acre peas with little okra pods cooked on top or purple hull peas with butter beans! Doodle, hang with us we'll get you fed up right! I love greens and cornbread. I liked mine mixed usually collards and turnips. Mama makes turnips with cornmeal dumplings...YUMMY!

I am not afraid to try new things,  I think :))

You haven't tried my 'spicy' cooking - be afraid ... VERY, VERY AFRAID

Spicy is good. The spicier the better. Bring it on  :rofl2:

I am not afraid to try new things,  I think :rofl2:

Spicy is good. The spicier the better. Bring it on  :rofl2:

Thai hot is mild compared to my 'spicy'; global thermonuclear warfare is mildly annoying compared to my 'spicy' - and we don't even want to mention Ohhhhh-HANA ... or the bathroom the next day.  Speaking of the bathroom - you better wash your hands completely before handling any "sensitive" areas.  >:D :rofl2:  I like Habenero Peppers and Indian Ghost Chiles - a lot!  I've been all over the world, and NEVER found anything too hot for me - it's usually the other way around.