Some specific FW to parks transportation questions

Hello all. So glad I found this forum. There seems to be not a lot of knowledge about FW out there in the general WDW forums. I feel like I have found my tribe! My husband and I are going in June. Spending one day at each park and one day at Universal.  I have a few specific transportation questions that I'm hoping someone can help with. 

We are planning on driving to AK and to DHS. What about bus to EPCOT? We plan on making the most of the world showcase's drink menu :) so would prefer to bus it. However, we definitely want to be there an hour before RD because we only have one day there. Need rope drop to take care of at least one of the tier one attractions. Can a bus get us there in time? 

How about getting to MK for a pre-RD BOG ADR? I'd like to be there around 7:45 (on a 9AM park opening day). Is the Blue Flag ferry to Contemporary then walk the best bet? 

Almost there - my husband is going to go play golf for half the day we are in MK. Is the ferry pretty efficient in getting back to FW midday? Giving him an hour and a half to get from MK to FW and then to the golf course (Oak Trail). 

Last one - Anyone know the easiest way to get from FW to the GF? Is there a ferry, or will we need to go to the Contemporary and then take the monorail?

Thanks in advance for any feedback! 

17 minutes ago, Cjandres said:

Hello all. So glad I found this forum. There seems to be not a lot of knowledge about FW out there in the general WDW forums. I feel like I have found my tribe! My husband and I are going in June. Spending one day at each park and one day at Universal.  I have a few specific transportation questions that I'm hoping someone can help with. 

We are planning on driving to AK and to DHS. What about bus to EPCOT? We plan on making the most of the world showcase's drink menu :) so would prefer to bus it. However, we definitely want to be there an hour before RD because we only have one day there. Need rope drop to take care of at least one of the tier one attractions. Can a bus get us there in time? 

How about getting to MK for a pre-RD BOG ADR? I'd like to be there around 7:45 (on a 9AM park opening day). Is the Blue Flag ferry to Contemporary then walk the best bet? 

Almost there - my husband is going to go play golf for half the day we are in MK. Is the ferry pretty efficient in getting back to FW midday? Giving him an hour and a half to get from MK to FW and then to the golf course (Oak Trail). 

Last one - Anyone know the easiest way to get from FW to the GF? Is there a ferry, or will we need to go to the Contemporary and then take the monorail?

Thanks in advance for any feedback! 

To get to the GF, either do what you said boat to Contemporary then monorail, or depending on what boat arrives at the Fort first, you could take the MK boat, then either take the resort monorail to GF , or the resort boat.  That is probably a longer trip timewise.

Howdy!! Welcome!!!

Bus to Epcot is pretty easy, and yes they provide service early in the morning. Although, we are no longer early folks, buses to Epcot, AK, Studios, and DS start at 7:00 am from the Outpost stop. So in order to get to the Outpost stop that early, it may be advisable to drive your vehicle to the main parking lot, park, then walk over to the Outpost bus stop. Internal buses don't start till 6:40ish. If you have bicycles or a golf cart, even better.

Getting to MK pre rope drop - take one of the small boats over to the Contemporary, they start at 6:45 am. Then walk over to the Magic Kingdom. There is no car parking near the Marina, so you'll need to bus, walk, bike, or golf cart to the marina from your site.

Since you are a resort guest, for golf, go to the main checkin building and ask for the complimentary transportation to the golf courses!!! They will get you a cab.

Easiest way to GF, is boat to Contemporary, then monorail.

Hope this helps!!

Welcome!

You are right that there is not a lot of knowledge about the Fort in general WDW forums.  There is one in particular where the "experts" are consistently and fabulously wrong.  It would be funny, except there are unsuspecting guests who rely on this bad information.

I agree wit the two responses posted  above.  Both of these members are WDW experts, so what they said is reliable.

One thing that I think needs to be clarified is about the resort boat to the GF.  If you take the MK boat from the Fort to the MK, you will need to exit the boat and walk to the dock next to the Fort dock to catch the resort boat to the GF.  Given the recent inconsistencies with the resort monorail, I would personally rather take the boat, and it's less walking for you too.

TCD

Glad to help - FYI, since it's been a long time since my son used the golf transportation, I double checked the Disney website:

Is complimentary transportation provided from my Disney Resort hotel to the Walt Disney World Resort golf courses?

A.

Yes. Transportation to and from the golf courses is available with complimentary taxi vouchers from select Walt Disney World Resort hotels.

Complimentary transportation is for regular play only. It is not available for group play, group outings or tournaments.