Want to go for Easter Weekend? Fort has availability!

Just checked and the Fort has all site types available for a Saturday only stay on a holiday weekend.  Boy, that's unusual.  They are  also  available for a week or longer.  Too bad we can't go.  Just thought I would give a heads up to any local Fiends.

I looked! $113.00 for a TENT site! I'll stick to my day trip, and bring my tent to park behind someone while there not looking!  ;)  :banana: :banana:

That's for a full hook up.    It's 88 for a tent site but you are right that's higher than a cats back. And a big part or why we can't or won't be going. I like the tent idea. 

118 preferred

127 premium  :rofl2:  :banana:

Just checked and the Fort has all site types available for a Saturday only stay on a holiday weekend.  Boy, that's unusual.  They are  also  available for a week or longer.  Too bad we can't go.  Just thought I would give a heads up to any local Fiends.

http://fortfiends.net/forum/index.php?topic=1898.15

• 2 weeks later...

Wanna bet that check-in on Sunday is a zoo??  Lots of Florida County schools are on spring break next week.

FWIW and for anyone thinking of going next year, we spent Easter weekend at FortWilderness.  We arrived Sat. afternoon for check-in and it was quite fast. The campsite seemed quite busy but there were sites available.  The pool was INSANE (looked like standing room only) and there was quite a people around in general but the campfire wasn't full and we went to AK on Easter Sunday and it was actually pretty quiet.  Longest wait was about 30-45 minutes for Kali but the rest seemed to be under 10 minutes.

we went to AK on Easter Sunday and it was actually pretty quiet.  Longest wait was about 30-45 minutes for Kali but the rest seemed to be under 10 minutes.

The Easter holiday period is busy, but because it spans a two week period (this year 4/17-4/30), it's manageable some of the time. It's not as bad as the other major holidays, but it's still too busy for me. Room/site rates are sky high, and as it was this year, it can be hot.