I'm considering making a reservation at the Fort for either Oct 2018 or Nov 2018. Can't decide. If we go in Nov., it would be the first week. Is it too cold to swim in Nov? I know the pools are heated... I have opposite worry about Oct lol--I'm worried Oct could still be blazing hot! What has your experience been? I've looked up average temps for early Nov--around 80 degrees high. That sounds great! 

Is Oct more crowded than early Nov? 

Thanks!

We've been both before Halloween and between Halloween and Thanksgiving. I liked the time between better as it seemed to be calmer and less crowded. As far as weather it has been in the 80's with one or two 90's every time we've gone. Normally I would expect 70's to 80's that time of year. 

We were are Halloween a few years back.  Sweating like crazy walking around Trick or Treating.  That night a cold front came thru and it was heavy blankets that night and the next, and sweatshirts most of the day.

Last year was extremely warm in FL.  We only had a couple of cool days around February.

But, like Gwen said, prepare for anything and bring some warmer clothes, especially ones you can layer.

Another thing to keep in mind is what do you consider cold. Someone coming from the Great White North might consider 60's a heatwave. When the girls were younger we would visit during their January school break. The temp would be 60-65 degrees and my brother and his Florida friends would be wearing jackets and long pants. We would be in shorts and short sleeve shirts.

19 hours ago, keith_h said:

Another thing to keep in mind is what do you consider cold. Someone coming from the Great White North might consider 60's a heatwave. When the girls were younger we would visit during their January school break. The temp would be 60-65 degrees and my brother and his Florida friends would be wearing jackets and long pants. We would be in shorts and short sleeve shirts.

You're brother and his friends were wimps!  :lol:  That time of year I switch to my "winter" shorts.